can you not?

RAES POV~
So now I'm running. Running through my little neighborhood. It's cold. Very very cold. I'm just running and running and wanting this all to go away.

I started breathing heavily and noticed that I was out of breath, I decided to take a seat on the curb in front of hayes' house. I sighed and put my hands over my face.
I heard footsteps walking towards me and I instantly knew it was hayes.
Well. I was wrong. It was...
THOMAS?!

"Hey Rae...you okay?" He asked. He stood in front of me and out his hands in his sweatpants pockets.
"No thomas I'm not okay. You can leave now." I said not making eye contact with him.
"Look...I'm sorry. I overreacted about everything and Rae..I miss-" thomas was about to continue until I cut him off.
"Shut the hell up thomas. You. You. You...jerk! You have no clue why I'm so upset and angry with you don't you?.." I said with tears forming.
"Rae..." He said.
"Don't you?!" I said.
"Your right. I don't know why your upset with me. I know I broke up with you but that's all I did. I want you back." He said frowning.
"No thomas that's not all you did. When I told you my mother... My mother died. You laughed. You thought it was all just a huge joke. Well no! It wasn't! She's dead! D-E-A-D!" I said yelling.
I looked over to the window and say Hausa staring...he then ran out the door and over to us.
"Hey...Rae are you okay?" Hayes asked as he held my arm.
I didn't respond. All I did was look at thomas.
"Hayes leave. Your not in this." Thomas told Hayes.
"How about you leave. Your making everything harder for Rae can't you see that? Get it through your mind! You shit head." Hayes said yelling softly.
I just watched.
"Hayes...I did nothing! What did I even do?!" Thomas asked frustrated.
Hayes started walking me back to the house but once thomas said that...Hayes replied.
"Thomas...I think you meant to say "what did I not do?"." Hayes spat.

HAYES POV~
What a dick head...I hate him.
I walked inside with Rae holding her arm. I looked into her eyes and smiled lightky. I rubbed her arm to comfort her.
"Rae...it's okay. I'm right here. I always will be right here." He said pointing to the ground.
Rae just gave a soft frustrated smile. She looked like she wanted to hug me but I couldn't tell. 5 seconds later...
SQUEEZE! I CANT BREATHE!
Rae ran towards me and suffocated me with her sweet tender hugs. She burrowed her head into my chest ah lightly said...
"I think I love Hayes Grier."