well this is awkward..

Hayes and I were on our way home from school. We were walking home together since we missed our bus. Hayes walked closely next to me, he was styling something on his phone with his backpack on his back. I just walked quietly.
"How was school?" Hayes asked.
"Boring...thomas made weird gestures at me today. God he pisses me off." I said.
"I gotcha..." Hayes laughed.
"How bout you?" I asked.
"Good. I flunked my science test though and mrs holloway wants me to retake it at lunch." Hayes said with a loud sigh.
"That sucks...I can help you study for it tonight. I got an A on that test." I said as I received a new text on my phone.
"yeah that would be awesome." Hayes said.
I just nodded and looked down at my phone.
"THOMAS💔"
Thomas💔-rae we need to talk
Me-you just found this out? I've been asking to talk for like a week
Thomas💔-yaah ik
Me-to bad. I don't want to talk.
Thomas💔-fine
Me-fine

Hayes and I got to his house soon and threw our backpacks on the floor. It was 2 weeks away until Christmas and i still haven't bought my friends anything.
Hayes hasn't either.
"Hey can we go CHRISTMAS shopping?" Hayes said excitedly. He loved Christmas.
"Yeah! Let's go to the mall." I smiled.
"Yeah! It's only like 10 minutes away..nash can drive us." Hayes agreed.
Nash just looked at us with the "bish whet" face. God he was awesome.
"Nash! Do it for me." I smirked cutely.
"ok ok but only because your awesome...and very adorable. I'm not doing this for hayes!" Nash laughed.
"Shut the hell up." Hayes said to Nash.
"Nah. I don't feel like it." Nash smiled and flipped his hair.

We got into the car and started singing "take me to church" god I can't sing. Hayes sang with me and we did the little hand gestures.
"How much money did you bring?" Hayes asked.
"About $200." I said smiling.
"I have $25.." Hayes laughed.
"I can lend you some." I smiled.

HAYES POV~
Haha. This is classic. I told rae I had $25 but i actually had about $300...I've been saving so I could get rae a really nice Christmas present. I was thinking a necklace or bracelet...I dunno.

We got to the mall and started shopping. This was boring. I hated shopping. I walked into pandora with rae. She walked over and admired the pretty necklace. It was $250 dollars. It was a gold necklace with a heart...it was on sale to. #score

Rae walks to the next store with nash and I stay behind.
"Mam...can I buy this?" I asked.
"Yes you can. $250 please." She said putting her arm out and typing the price into the cash register.
I handed her the money and she smiled. She then asked.
"Would you like to engrave something into the necklace?" She asked.
"Oh yeah sure. Put "love you, to infinity and beyond." I said laughing a bit. I was so cheesy. She smiled and said "gladly."

I got the necklace and put it into a gold sparkly box. I held it close to me. I got a good present. As I walked around the mall to find rae and nash. I saw thomas. He was buying the exact necklace.
"Fuck." I whispered.
"Hayes?" Thomas laughed. He walked over to me.
"What's up." I shrugged.
"Christmas shopping for rae." Thomas smirked.
"I hope you know she hates you." I said.
"Yeah but once she has this necklace she won't." He smirked.
What a dick.

I walked away and warned rae that Thomas was here and what he said. I was just worried that he bought her the same necklace.
Rae wanted to leave since thomas was here and I agreed.

Well that's awkward...we bought the same. Fucking.necklace.