alex and hayes sitting in a tree...k.i.s.s.i.n.g?

RAE POV~
I ran to thomas and hugged him like a 5 year old that just found her lost puppy. Hayes and alex paused and stared at thomas and I. Thomas hugged me tight.
Thomas was with a really pretty girl...she had dark hair with piercing green eyes and he was also with his friend Charlie.
Hayes then began to speak.
"Uh hey Thomas." Hayes said.
"Hey grier." Thomas said laughing.
Both, Thomas and hayes didn't really like each other so that was a little awkward.
"How was your lacrosse tournament?" I asked.
"Good! Really good. We won every game except one." Thomas said proudly.
We talked a couple of minutes more and then Thomas ditched Charlie and the girl for hayes, alex, and I.

ALEX POV~
Omg. Rae was so lucky! Thomas was super sweet! Athletic! Attractive! And warm. I was jealous. I was also glad that rae had Thomas in her life...since her mother is never there and she has no siblings.
I looked over and noticed hayes staring at me.
"Um...you like what you see?" I laugh jokingly.
"Duh. Your so pretty." Hayes said with a blush.
Awww...he was totally kidding
"Nice one hayes." I said.
"Not kissing... I mean not kidding!" He blushed.
What was going on with hayes? He began to act like he just got shot with one of those love needles.

HAYES POV~
Once Thomas got here I started acted all lovey dovey towards alex. Mainly because I saw him an rae and that made me feel upset...I wanted to feel the connection that rae and Thomas felt together. Maybe alex and I...have that connection?
"Alex...can I talk to you? On the beach? Alone?" I asked as I flipped my hair out of my eyes.
"Um. Sure hayes." Alex smiled. She walked behind me.
Thomas and rae shrugged and walked towards candy kitchen.

ALEX POV~
Wow. Hayes just asked me to talk to hime. Alone. On the beach! Once we got to the beach we stood right in front of the dark blue waves crashing down slowly.
Hayes then started to talk.
About rae.
"Okay...so I don't know if you know...but I really really like rae. I can't stop liking her...I've tried." Hayes said looking down.
My heart just shattered into a million pieces.
"But...I met you."
I then looks up and met his eyes.
"I still like rae...but when I met you...I felt like we had this connection. I know I sound cheesy." Hayes laughed.
"No. No. I felt it too." Alex smiled.

HAYES POV~
"Well.." I said awkwardly.
I walked closer to her. I put a strand of her hair behind her ear. I then looked into her eyes.
I held her cheeks with my hand and put my lips on hers. Are lips started moving in sync. Her cheeks were getting warm. I smiled through the kiss.

Did the kiss mean anything?