mom! I need you!

RAE POV~
Oh my god. This isn't happening. No! This is just a dream. Somebody wake me up! No. No. No. I'm awake and everything is falling apart in front of my eyes.
I opened the car door quickly and ran out into my driveway. I looked around and saw one ambulance and 2 cop cars. I saw my mothers new car...it was all beaten up now. It had a massive dent in the side...the windows were broken..and a tire was gone.
Holy. Fuck. What's happening?!

"S-sir! Is my m-mom okay?!" I said as tears fell down my face. I asked the police officer that was writing things down in my moms file.
"I'm sorry...your mother got into a 3rd degree car crash about an hour ago. We just found her car and brought it back to your house. Your mother is unconscious...and her heart beat isn't steady. Your going to need a Christmas miracle to happen sweetie. Keep praying." The police officer said holding me in place.
I was crying. Really hard. I was breathing heavily. I know that your probably thinking...why. Why is Rae so upset? I know that's her mom and all but she is never even around. She is never there for Rae. Yeah you might be right about that..but where is my father? My father doesn't help us one bit. He never calls to check up on me. Never helps pay for anything. My mother works so much for me! She works to give me a house to live in. She pays for me to go to school. She does everything for me! My mom might not be with me everyday...or all the time. But she is family! And she cares for me...more then anyone else.

I walked away from the police officer and threw my suitcase on the ground. Agh. Why is this happening?! I collapsed onto the ground and held my head. Tons of people were staring at me with sympathy. Hayes was watching.

Hayes quickly opened his car door and runs over to me. He puts his hand out but I don't reach for his hand. I was still crying way to hard. He then grabbed my arm hisself and pulled me up into a warm hug. He was hugging me so tightly. I felt safe. I kept hugging him and buried my face into his chest as I yelled "mom! Please!" Nash was sitting in the drivers seat holding his face. He was in tears. Nash was close with my mother because...my mom thought of Nash as the son she never had. She told him to look after me and make sure I didn't make stupid decisions when she wasn't here with me.

HAYES POV~
This is absolutely horrible. Rae is so upset and I can't do anything but support her and be with her through this. I want to just magically make her mother better...but I can't. God. Why...why are you trying to take one of the most important people from Rae? What did she do? Nothing. Rae did nothing. Nothing at all.

I put Rae in my arms and walked her to my house that was only a couple of houses down. Rae wasn't that heavy so it was fine. I walked into my house and my mother was crying because she had heard about Rae's mother.
"Yes. Um. Yes. Rae can stay with us." My mother said on the phone.
"No...I understand. Visiting hours aren't aloud at this moment." My mother nodded while crying.
"Please keep us posted." My mom said before hanging up.
I laid on the couch with Rae in my arms. She was holding onto my shirt while crying. She was crying silently.

Skylinn walked down from her bedroom and noticed Rae crying. Skylinn frowned and ran over to Rae and I.
"Hayes...take care of Rae. She is sad. She needs you." Skylinn said frowning.
"We need Jesus right now." Skylinn said putting her hands in a praying position. "Jesus...please make Rae feel better." She said softly as she hugged Rae. Then I felt a tear rush down my face.

RAES POV~
I finally stopped crying after an hour or two. I kept laying on Hayes. I needed someone right now. Hayes was probably the closest to a best friend that I had right now. Thomas was still in ocean city...and alex well...she doesn't live anywhere near me. Hayes was warm. He made me feel better. I felt a tear fall down his face so I took my pinkie and wiped it away.
"Hayes..." I said.
"Yeah Rae?" He sniffled a little.
"I have to tell you something..." I said laying my head on his chest.
"What?" Hayes said.
"I love you." I said hugging him tightly.
"I love you too." Hayes said still frowning.

I know your probably thinking...what! Rae is with Thomas! Not Hayes! She can't love Hayes if she is with Thomas! No. No. No. I love Hayes. As a friend. Maybe as more...but as a friend works for now.

My phone was blowing up. I was getting tons of text messages from my friends and also Instagram notifications about my mother. All my friends were so supportive. The one text I didn't get from someone was from...Thomas. He didn't know about what had just happened to my mother probably. He is still in ocean city anyways. He had no clue.

"Hayes...I need my mom." I frowned.
"Rae...I need you..." Hayes said holding me tightly. He didn't let me go.
Thank god.