.20.

I've never actually been to the second level of the house, the ground level itself is too huge to keep track of, I did go up once, but I all I saw was a large hallway with doors.

I had searched the whole house, and the yards and the poolside. As I climbed up the stairs to the second level, I felt like a traitor, escaping from my own party. I stood in the hallway, trying to figure out where to go, I didn't want to go sneaking in their bedrooms.

I froze, when a silhouette appeared behind me and warm breath crept my neck. I had goosebumps all over my body

"What are you doing?", Lee's voice sounded incredibly close to my ear, as if he was leaning down and whispering in my ear, I won't complain if he did.

Shit, focus Nia.

I turned around, he was a distance away. I hesitated, anyone would have. It wasn't exactly apt for me to go sneaking.

"This may sound stupid but I was actually trying to navigate where Hailey and pete are,"

"It doesn't sound stupid, but you could've asked me where they were. They're on the rooftop garden."

Rooftop garden, the staring.

"What are they doing there?", I asked.

"your friend is paying up."

paying up doesn't sound like dating

"For?", I asked

At that lee turned to me from where he was starting to head down.

"You ask a lot of questions you know,", he raised a eyebrow. I stared "They made a bet,", he started.

"let me guess, if I'd get in or not?"

"Nope, we all knew you would get in, It was whether you'd cry or not."

they were betting on my tears, Ah! what great friends I had.

"And who chose what?"

"Hailey said you'd cry, pete said you wouldn't. If pete won Hailey would tell him the most embarrassing secret and If hailey won, Pete will take hailey on a date. Now, Is hailey going on a Date with my best friend?"

that little cat! she always knew I would cry if I got in. She just did this, so she could go on a date with The Peter Maclaren.

Lee's question dawned on me and I nodded, His best friend, I suddenly felt guilty for the entire situation, Hailey has been desperate for too long but pete just got out of a very public and messy breakup, It'll all be very bad for Pete's mental health.

"i'm sorry this happened because of me.", i murmured to Lee, who was looking at me, A smile broke on his lips.

"You know peter always knew you'd cry, we all know how emotional you can be.", He said softly,

"If he knew then why did he...", I protested before his statement started making sense.

peter wanted a date.

"yeah, exactly what you are thinking", lee claimed, a smile played at his lips,

"So, you are saying, that, Peter wants to take Hailey on a date?", I sounded my thoughts.

Lee nodded

"Why did he not ask her directly?"

"Dramatics"

"When did this happen?"

"In a span of a week, Quick, i know. But Pete told me, he's serious."

"oh."

"All it took him was a week, I don't know how long it'll take me to confess", Lee murmured, slowly but enough for me to hear.

he liked someone.

"Who is it?", I asked softly.

He looked at me side longed

"Take the hints, Nia Shay.", was all he said, which was forward enough to heat my cheeks up.

___________________________________________________________________

A/N

take the hints!!!!!!!

iykyk.

love yall.

~ns