.17.

"I thought we were friends, friends won't do this", Lee said, clearly trying to distract me.

"we will be friends once you tell me about her,", i amend, I wanted to know, I was curious.

He let out a humourless laugh.

"Why do you want to open closed wounds?", he asked his tone serious.

"tell me, I am curious.", I challenged him with my eyes, hoping its given away.

He sighed. Did it really bother him so much?

"So...I moved to London, with my parents and sister when I was 16.", he started.

"She, Martha, lived next to me, She was a redhead, pretty brown eyes, very much like yours, yours are prettier though, like coffee", he hesitated"anyway, She fell and so did I."

he thought my eyes were pretty. Like coffee.

"She was bubbly, cute, but she was really shy when i first met her, She dawned on me. I was a rude before, with her i was different. Martha and I were together till a year ago, Even when i left in junior year to pursue music she stuck by me. I was away all the time, and over time...", he trailed off, flashbacks indeed. "I was the one who lost feelings, she was hurt, badly, it was heartbreaking to see her, my best friend to be so- hurt.", he stared intensely into the pool water.

was i jealous when he mentioned Martha?

"so, that was her. Fun wasn't it?", he asked, returning to his usual self.

it wasn't but i had a question.

"hey, I have a question.", I said drawing his attention to me from the water.

"shoot."

"how are the two of us anywhere similar? I mean i am not shy,", i waved a hand to myself, nowhere close to shy. " I do not look similar to her," She was gorgeous, i wasn't.

"Only I know.", He said mysteriously. A great way to make me curious.

"Tell me,"

"No."

"te-"

"no."

***

The music is loud, I know that, Its loud for a reason, I don't wanna listen to mom and Dad fight. They been at it since 20 minutes now, Its so irritating, When mel wasn't gone, she would tell mom and dad to keep it down or shut it wholly. I could never say that.

Mel, I could call her,

Mel.

"Hey,", Mel picks up, her voice incredibly sleepy. Shit, time difference.

"were you asleep? I'm sorry."

"Its fine, i had to wake up for class in like 10 minutes anyway, What's up?"

"Mom and Dad."

"oh."

"yeah, they've been at it for 20 minutes now."

"tell them-"

" I can't."

"Yea okay."

"talk to me?"

"of course."

We talk about life, since ours were different now. I almost tell her about Broken Glass, Lee, pete, the whole jazz, but i don't. She talks about the boy, Jinn, her classes, her friends, roommate, who is a Scottish girl, very cute.

Afterall, the mood lightened, Mom and dad were unusually quiet, they'd gone out.

***

I am walking down the hallway, I still have 15 minutes, maybe i'll stop by my locker, grab a book to read in PE. Hailey has taken a break, She's in NY on her tour of the college,

College.

My interview in a week, which was threateningly close.

My phone rung,

Lee.

"I am in School, you know.", i hissed at him.

"I know that, but since you've taken up the job to babysit us,", i tensed.

Did he know of my job?

"please tell Dan not to piss me off, I'm in for a fight.", He grumbled.

A smile made its way to my face. No matter whatever tension, The Broken Glass will always lighten my mood.

After spending a long era of 1 month of babysitting them, we all had grown close. Ever closer to my friend, lee.

"Hand the phone to him will you," was all I said.

_____________________________________

A/N

everything's good in Nia land, but for how long?

Stay put.

~ns