Bad Day at Black Rock

The Impala is travelling down a quiet, dark road. Sam, Ellie and Dean are arguing. 
"Because Demon, that's why! I mean the second you find out this Ruby chick is a Demon you go for the holy water!" Dean shouts at his younger brother and sister. 
"No one was chatting, Dean, trust me I was there." Ellie argues back.
"Oh yeah? Then why didn't either of you send her ass back to Hell?" Dean asks them with a raised voice. 
"Because - Because she said she might be able to help us out!" Sam answers.
"How?" Dean questions. Sam looks back at Ellie and then forward again. "No, really, guys, how? How could she possibly help us?" Ellie sighs.
"She told us she could help you, OK?" Ellie explains, Dean looks at them with a blank expression and then back at the road. "Help you out of the crossroads deal, Dean whips his head around, looking at this brother and sister incredulously. 
"What is wrong with you two, huh? She's lying, you gotta know that, don't you? She knows what both of your weakness is - it's me." Dean pauses. "What else did she say?" Both Sam and Ellie stay silent. "Ellie? Sam?" Sam looks at Ellie who shrugs. 
"Nothing. Nothing, OK?! Look, we aren't idiots Dean, I'm not talking about trusting her, I'm talking about using her. I mean we're at war, right? And we don't know jack about the enemy; we don't know where they are, we don't know what they're doing. I mean, hell, we don't know what they want. Now this Ruby girl knows more than we will ever find out on our own. Now yes, it's a risk, I know that, but we need to take it." Sam snaps. 
"You're okay right, I mean you're feeling okay?" Dean asks Sam, Ellie rolls her eyes.
"Yes, I'm fine. Why are you always asking me that?" Sam raises his voice at the end. Dean looks in the rearview mirror at Ellie, she catches his eye and shrugs again. 
"Come on, El, you can't be cool with getting help from a demon." Dean states, she sighs and sits forward leaning on the front seat. 
"Look, Dean every day we are getting closer to your year being up, and at this point I would make a deal with Lucifer himself if it meant that you and Sam would both be here with me. I was there she didn't want any favours, we don't need to tell her anything, I am with Sam here, I reckon we can use her. If it helps you get out of this damn deal." Ellie answers. Before Dean can reply, a phone starts ringing, Sam sighs and reaches for his own.
"It's not mine." Sam says. Dean goes for his.
"Nope." Dean adds, Ellie fishes her out of her pocket.
"It ain't mine either." Ellie says. "Check the glove compartment, it's Dad's." 
"Dad's?" Sam asks. 
"Yeah, I keep it charged up in case any of his old contacts call." Dean explains. Sam opens the glove compartment, finds John's phone and answers it. 
"Hello? Yes... this is Edgar Casey...." Sam glances at his brother and sister. "No! No, no, no, don't - don't call the police. I'll handle this myself. Thanks. You know, can you just lock it back up for me? Great. Uhm, I-I uh, I don't have my - my book in front of me." Sam gestures to Ellie for a pen. "do you - do you have the address so I can... Sure, Ok. Go ahead. Right, thanks a lot." Sam ends the call. "Hey, did Dad ever tell either of you that he kept at a storage place?" 
"What?" Dean and Ellie ask in unison. 
"Outside of Buffalo?" Sam questions.
"No way." Ellie says. 
"Yeah. And someone just broke into it." Sam explains. 

STORAGE FACILITY

The three Winchesters are in the storage facility elevator going to John's storage unit. 
"Man..." Dean trails off. Sam and Ellie turn to him.
"What?" Sam and Ellie ask in unison. 
"Just Dad. You know him and his secrets. Spend all this time with the guy and it's like we barely even know the man." Dean explains. 
"Well, we're about to learn something." Ellie states. The three exit the elevator and find the storage container. Dean unlocks the padlock and opens the sliding door, they all have the flashlights at the ready. On the dusty floor of the container is a symbol drain in read, along with several bloody footprints. 
"No demons allowed." Ellie says.
"Blood. Check this out." Dean calls to them, Sam and Ellie come over and he holds up a tripwire which is attached to a shotgun hidden in a large animal skull.
"Whoever broke in here got tagged." Sam states. 
"Dear old Dad. I got two sets of boot treads here, looks like it was a two-man job. And our friend with the buckshot in him looks like he kept walking." Ellie tells them. 
"So what's the deal? Dad would do work here or something?" Sam asks. 
"Living the high life as usual." Dean says. They venture further inside. Dean aims his flashlight on the skull and shakes his head, laughing. Sam looks over a desk while Ellie picks up a trophy from a shelf, scraping the dust off.
"1995" Ellie reads off the trophy. 
"No way! That's my Division Championship soccer trophy. I can't believe he kept this." Sam smiles as he takes the trophy from Ellie. 
"Yeah... It was probably about the closest you ever came to being a boy." Dean says causing Ellie to laugh. He then wanders over to another find. "Oh, wow! It's my first sawed-off. I made it myself. Sixth grade." Dean laughs and pumps the shotgun, Ellie smiles at this and goes over to the desk which Sam is looking at, she picks up the folder on the table. She opens it and gasps.
"What is it, El?" Sam asks coming over to her, she has a wide smile on her face. She flicks through and sees loads of drawings.
"Dad kept every single one of my drawings! I used to draw him a picture for every time he came back! Haha, he has even dated them!" Ellie says flicking through the book. 
"You always were a sucky artist." Sam tells her with a smile, she places the folder back down and moves further into the container, opening a door to the back room, she whistles to her brothers who come over to her. The chain on the door has been cut. The three enter and pass their flashlights over the scene.
"Holy crap. Look at this, he had land mines.... Which they didn't take. Or the guns. I guess they knew what they were after, huh?" Dean says. Sam and Ellie spot boxes inscribed with symbols on a far shelf. 
"Sammy, these are curse boxes." Ellie tells him, he nods in agreement. 
"Hey Dean, check this out. See these symbols? That's binding magic. These are curse boxes." Sam states.
"Curse boxes? The-they're supposed to keep the evil mojo in, right, kinda like the Pandora deal?" Dean asks them.
"Yeah. yeah, they're built to contain the power of the cursed object." Ellie explains.
"Well Dad's journal did mention a whole bunch of stuff,  you know? Dangerous hexed items, fetishes... He never did say where they ended up?" Dean says.
"Yeah. Well this must be his toxic waste dump." Ellie adds. Sam notices a rectangular shape in the dust and runs his finger along the dust.
"One box is missing... Great." Sam tells them.
"Well maybe they didn't open it." Dean suggests.