Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things.

The Impala zooms down a two-lane blacktop. Dean is driving, while Sam is in the passenger seat looking at a map and Ellie is looking over his shoulder at it, Dean looks over at Sam and Ellie with an uncomfortable expression on his face.
"Come on, guys, I'm begging you. This is stupid." Dean tells them, Ellie looks at her brother with furrowed eyebrows.
"Why?" She asks her brother.
"Going to visit Mom's grave? She doesn't even have a grave - there, there was no body left after the fire." Dean points out.
"She has a headstone." Sam argues back.
"Yeah, put up by her uncle, a man we've never even met. So you wanna, go pay your respects to a slab of granite put up by a stranger? Come on." 
"Dean, that's not the point." Ellie says to Dean.
"Well then, enlighten me, Ellie." He argues back to her sister, she rolls her eyes.
"It's not about a body, or, or, a casket. It's about her memory, okay?" She answers her brother as Sam nods his head in agreement. 
"And after Dad it just... just feels like the right thing to do." Sam adds on to his little sister's point. 
"It's irrational, is what it is." Dean scoffs, Ellie rolls her eyes.
"Look, no one asked you to come." Ellie sassily states, Dean takes a quick glance at her.
"Why don't we swing by the roadhouse instead? I mean, we haven't heard anything on the demon lately. We should be hunting that son of a bitch down."
"That's a good idea, you should. Just drop me and Sam off, we'll hitch a ride and meet you there tomorrow." Ellie says with a fake smile, Sam looks over at his brother, while Dean shakes his head.
"Right. Stuck... Stuck with those people, making awkward small talk until you show up? No thanks." Dean tells them. 

GRAVEYARD

Sam and Ellie kneel before a headstone, Sam digs in the ground with a folding knife. Ellie pulls a set of dogtags out of her pocket and she sighs. 
"I think, um... I think Dad would have wanted you to have these." Ellie smiles at the gravestone passing the tags to Sam. "I love you, Mom." Ellie sighs and pats Sam's shoulder leaving him alone with the Mary's grave, she walks over to Dean who is standing over at a dead tree.
"Hey, man. How you feeling?" Ellie asks standing next to him.
"Does this seem weird to you?" Dean asks not taking his eyes off the tree, Ellie knocks on the trunk and then looks down, she sees a perfect circle of dead grass surrounding a gravestone. Ellie nods over to it and Dean follows her eyes and then crouches down, fingering dead flowers, they make eye contact both agreeing that something strange in going on. 

Later, they find out who the new grave belongs to, Dean comes over with a card. "Angela Mason. She was a student at the local college, funeral was three days ago." Dean tells them, they start to walk out of the graveyard. 
"And?" Sam asks.
"And? You saw her grave. Everything dead around it, in a perfect circle? You don't think that's a little weird?" Dean eyes Sam. 
"Maybe the groundskeeper went a little agro with the pesticide." Sam suggests, his brother shakes his head.
"No, I asked him. No pesticide, no chemicals. Nobody can explain it." Dean says, Ellie thinks for a moment, not sure what it could be.
"Okay, so what are you thinking?" Ellie says looking at her oldest brother. 
"I dunno. Unholy ground, maybe?" Dean suggests. 
"Un-" Sam stops and looks around speechless, Ellie shrugs her shoulders and then nods agreeing with Dean's suggestion.
"If something evil happened there, it could easily poison the ground. Do you two remember the farm outside of Cedar Rapids?" Ellie asks looking at her brothers, they both nod. 
"Yeah, b-" Sam starts.
"Could be the sign of a demonic presence. Or the, the Angela girl's spirit, if it's powerful enough." Sam nods and turns away, they both look at him.
"Well, don't get too excited, you might pull something." Ellie teases Sam, Dean gives her a little smirk. 
"It's just... stumbling onto a hunt? Here, of all places?" Sam states, looking around.
"So?" Dean says confused. 
"So - Dean are you sure this is about a hunt, and not about something else?" Sam looks at his brother, Dean looks at Sam confused.
"What else would it be about?" Dean questions, Sam sighs heavily and shakes his head, Ellie looks confused as she moves to get into the car. 
"You believe what you want, Sam, but - I let you two drag my ass out here, the least we could do is we check this out." Dean tells them, Ellie nods.
"Yeah. Fine." Sam looks unnerved. 
"Girl's dad works in town. He's a professor at the school." Dean says as he gets in the car.