Bloodlust

ROAD - DAY

The Impala drives down a 2-lane, driven by Dean with Sam and Ellie smiling at him. Dean is in a good mood, grooving along to his music, Ellie can't remember the last time she saw her brother this happy. 
"Whoo! Listen to her purr! Have you ever heard anything so sweet?" Dean exclaims, Ellie laughs and pats him on the shoulders.
"You know, if you two wanna get a room, just let us know, Dean." Ellie teases, Dean gives her a quick sideways glance while Sam laughs.
"Oh don't listen to her, baby. They don't understand us." Dean says to the car, Ellie and Sam share a glance and shake their heads. 
"You're in a good mood." Sam points out while still chuckling. 
"Why shouldn't I be?" Dean questions. 
"No reason." Sam shrugs, Dean quickly looks at Sam and Ellie.
"Got my car, got a case, things are looking up." Dean smiles. 
"Wow. Give you a couple of severed heads and a pile of dead cows and you're Mr. Sunshine." Ellie says to Dean, he laughs and looks at the Sam.
"How far to Red Lodge?" Dean asks. Sam looks down at the map.
"Uh, about another 300 miles." Sam answers. 
"Good." Dean smiles as he floors it. Ellie sits back, smiling at her brother. 

SHERIFF'S OFFICE - DAY

In Red Lodge, a sheriff with an impressive mustache is talking to the three Winchesters, who are posing as reporters. 
"The murder investigation is ongoing, and that's all I can share with the press at this time." The sheriff tells the three, they all nod their heads.
"Sure, sure, we understand that, but just for the record, you found the first, uh, head last week, correct?" Ellie asks, the Sheriff nods as Ellie looks down at her notes. "Okay, and the other, a, uh, Christina Flanigan." 
"That was two days ago. Is there -" Sheriff is interrupted by a young woman knocking on the door, and she points to her watch. "Oh. Sorry, time's up, we're done here." 
"One last question-" Sam says.
"Yeah, what about the cattle?" Dean finishes Sam's questions.
"Excuse me?" The Sheriff says. 
"You know, the cows found dead, split open, drained... over a dozen cases. 
"What about them?" The sheriff looks at them all confused. 
"So you don't think there's a connection?" Ellie asks him. 
"Connection... with...?" Sheriff trails off.
"First cattle mutilations, now two murders? Kinda sounds like ritual stuff." Ellie suggests. 
"You know, like satanic cult ritual stuff?" Dean adds on to Ellie's suggestion. The sheriff laughs at this and stops when he sees how serious the three are. 
"You - you're not kidding." The sheriff stutters. 
"No." Dean answers, the sheriff stops smiling and gives them all a stern facial expression. 
"Those cows aren't being mutilated. You wanna know how I know?" 
"How?" Ellie asks. 
"Because there's no such thing as cattle mutilation. Cow drops, leave it in the sun, within 48 hours the bloat'll split it open so clean it's just about surgical. The bodily fluids fall down into the ground and get soaked up because that's what gravity does. But, hey, it could be Satan. What newspaper did you say you work for?" The sheriff asks, eyeing the three of them. 
"World Weekly News." Ellie says.
"Weekly World News." Sam overlaps. Ellie looks at Sam. 
"World-" Dean starts. The three all fumble over the words. 
"Weekly.. I'm new." Ellie smiles. 
"Get out of my office." The sheriff says. 

HOSPITAL

Dean, Sam and Ellie enter the morgue, still dressed in formal wear from the sheriff's office but now have white lab coats. The intern on duty has a name tag that reads "J.Manners." Dean looks at it, thinking. Ellie watches Dean confused.
"John." Dean says firmly. 
"Jeff." The intern corrects him, Ellie smiles slightly. 
"Jeff. I know that. Dr. Dworkin needs to see you in his office right away." Dean tells Jeff, he looks at Dean confused. 
"But Dr. Dworkin's on vacation." Jeff tells Dean, Ellie and Sam raise their eyebrows at the conversation.
"Well, he's back. And he's pissed, and he's screaming for you, man, so if I were you I would...." Dean trails off and whistles, the intern runs away. Ellie smiles at this as Dean looks smug. "Okay. Hey, those satanists in Florida, they marked their victims, didn't they?" Dean looks at Sam and Ellie, who both nod.
"Yeah, reversed pentacle on the forehead." Ellie tells them. 
"Yeah. So much f'd up crap happens in Florida." Dean shakes his head and hands Ellie and Sam a pair of latex gloves and puts on a pair of his own. Sam opens a compartment and wheels out a corpse; there's a box between its legs, Ellie sneers at the body.
"All right, open it." Dean says looking at Ellie, Ellie raises her eyebrows. 
"You open it." Ellie retaliates, she then hits Sam in the stomach lightly, "Sam you open it." Ellie says, Sam glares at her. Dean shakes his head.
"You're both wusses." Dean says as he carries the box over to another table and flips off the lid, grimacing. Sam and Ellie approach both cringing. 
"Well, no pentagram." Dean concludes. 
"Wow. Poor girl." Sam says quietly. 
"Maybe we should, uh, you know, look in her mouth, see if those wackos stuffed anything down her throat. You know, kinda like the moth in Silence of the Lambs." Dean states, Ellie grimaces at her brother's comment. 
"Yeah, go ahead." Sam says to Dean.
"No, you go ahead." Dean retorts, they both look at Ellie.
"What?" Ellie says looking at them both. 
"'Put the lotion in the basket.'" Dean says quoting Silence of the Lambs.
"Right, yeah, I'm the wuss huh? Whatever." Ellie sneers at her brothers, Ellie turns towards the body and starts poking his fingers into the mouth. "Hey, can one of you get me a bucket?" 
"You find something?" Dean asks.
"No, I'm going to puke." Ellie tells them both, Sam and Dean both lightly smile, but Dean then looks at the body and thinks.
"Wait, lift the lip up again." Dean tells her.
"What? You want me to throw up, is that it?" Ellie says looking at Dean with a grimace. 
"No, no, no, I think I saw something." Dean states as he pulls back the lip. "What is that, a hole?" Dean presses on the gum and a narrow, sharp tooth descends. 
"It's a tooth." Ellie says. 
"That's a fang. Retractable set of vampire fangs. You gotta be kidding me." Dean shakes his head.
"Well, this changes things." Sam remarks. 
"Ya think?" Ellie says looking at her brothers.