Crossroad Blues

Sam, De and Ellie are sitting at a table, Sam has his laptop open while Dean and Ellie are drinking some coffee. Sam is looking at a mugshot of Dean from St. Louis Police Department. 
"So much for our low profile. You've got a warrant in St. Louis, and now you're officially in the Fed's database." Sam tells his brother, Dean grins while Ellie rolls her eyes, 
"Dude, I'm like Dillinger or something." Dean states.
"Dean, it's not funny. Makes the job harder, we've gotta be more careful now." Sam explains.
"Well, what do they got on you two?" Dean asks. 
"I'm sure they just haven't posted it yet." Sam mutters, Ellie looks confused as to why Sam seems upset about the fact they don't have warrants.
"No accessory? Nothing?" Dean asks, smiling.
"Shut up." Sam says, Ellie laughs.
"You're jealous." Ellie states looking at Sam, Dean also laughs. 
"No, I'm not!" Sam tells them, the two laugh.
"Uh-huh. All right. What have you got on the case there, you innocent, harmless young man, you?" Dean teases causing Ellie to laugh harder. Sam shuts his laptop, annoyed, and pulls out several pages of research. 
"Architect Sean Boyden plummeted to his death from the roof of his home, a condominium he designed." Sam tells them, Ellie nods.
"Hmm. Build a high-rise and jump off the top of it. That's classy. When did he call animal control?" Ellie asks.
"Two days earlier." Sam answers.
"Did he actually say Black Dog?" Dean questions, Sam nods.
"Yeah. A vicious, wild, black dog. The authorities couldn't find it, no one else saw it; in fact, the authorities are a little confused as to how a while dog could get past the doorman, take the elevator up and start roaming the halls of the cushiest joint in town. After that, no more calls, he doesn't show up for work, two days later he takes a swan dive." Sam states.
"Do you guys think we're dealing with an actual Black Dog?" Ellie asks looking at her brothers.
"Well, maybe." Sam shrugs.
"What's the lore on it?" Dean asks, Sam passes Dean some pages Ellie moves her chair around to also read the pages.
"It's all pretty vague. I mean, there are spectral black dogs all over the world, but... some say they're animal spirits, others say death omens. But anyways, whatever they are, they're big, nasty." Sam explains.
"Yeah, I bet they could hump the crap outta your leg, look at that one, huh?" Dean holds up a picture and smirks, Ellie matches his smirk while Sam just glares at them and their smirk slips. "What? They could." Dean states.

APARTMENT

In a posh, well-lit room, Sam, Dean are wearing suits while Ellie is in a business dress and interviewing a man.
"So, you and Sean Boyden were business partners for almost ten years, right?" Sam asks.
"That's right. Now one more time, this is for...?" The man asks.
"A tribute to Mr. Boyden. Architectural Digest." Ellie explains, the man laughs, the three narrow their eyes.
"This funny to you?" Dean questions.
"No, it... it's just, a tribute. Yeah. See, Sean always got the tributes. He kills himself, leaves me and his family behind... well, he gets another tribute." The man scoffs.
"Right. Any idea why he'd do such a thing?" Sam says.
"I, I have no clue I mean he lived a charmed life." The man shrugs.
"How so?" Ellie states, leaning forward.
"He was a flat-out genius. I mean, I'm capable, but next to him, I... and it wasn't always that way, either." The man explains, the three look at him confused.
"No?" Dean asks.
"You wanna know the truth? There was a time where he couldn't even design a pup tent. Hell, ten years ago he's working as a bartender at this bar called Lloyds. A complete dive."
"Right. So what changed?" Ellie questions, the man shrugs.
"You got me. But overnight, he gets this huge commission, and he starts designing... he starts designing the most ingenious buildings anyone has ever seen. It was like, the level of Van Gogh, and Mozart..." The man cuts off abruptly, the three look at him.
"What?" Dean asks.
"It''s funny. True geniuses, they see to die young, don't they? To have that kind of talent? Why... why just throw it away?" The man asks, Sam, Dean and Ellie exchange looks.

STREET

Dean exits an animal protection agency, still wearing the suit. Sam and Ellie are waiting in the car. Dean gets in the driver's side. 
"So." Ellie says.
"Secretary's name is Carly. She's 23, she, uh, kayaks, and they're real." Dean tells them. Ellie smacks him around the head.
"You didn't happen to ask her if she's seen any black dogs lately, did you?" Sam says. Dean who was still rubbing his head holds up a page.
"Every complaint called in this week about anything big, black, or dog-like. There's 19 calls in all. And uh." Dean pulls off a post-it note. "I don't know what this thing is." Sam takes it and him and Ellie read it, they look at each other and laugh. They then glance at Dean.
"You mean Carly's MySpace address?" Sam explains.
"Yeah, MySpace, what the hell is that?" Dean asks, confused, Sam and Ellie laugh again. "Seriously, is that like some sort of porn site?"