Something Wicked

The Impala is cruising down a country road. The previous night, Ellie received some coordinates from an unknown number, she presumed it was dad and they are on their way to the location. Ellie figured it was Fitchburg, Wisconsin. Dean and Sam are arguing as Dean is driving the Impala with Ellie in the back, getting fed up with the argument.
"You probably missed something, that's what." Dean says to Sam.
"Dude, I ran LexisNexis, local police reports, newspapers, I couldn't find a single red flag. Are you sure you got the coordinates right?" Sam says.
"Yeah, I double checked. It's Fitchburg, Wisconsin. Dad wouldn't have sent us coordinates if it wasn't important Sammy." Dean tells him. Sam is getting frustrated.
"Well I'm telling you I looked and all I could find was a big steamy pile of nothing. If Dad's sending us hunting for something I don't know what." Sam looks at his brother, as Ellie rolls her eyes.
"Well maybe he's going to meet us there." Dean shrugs.
"Yeah. Because he's been so easy to find up to this point." Sam points out.
"You're a real smart ass you know that?... Don't worry I'm sure there's something in Fitchburg worth killing." Dean says, Ellie leans forward.
"Guys, lets just leave it at that. There's no point in fighting about it." Ellie says looking at both Sam and Dean.
"Yeah? What makes you so sure Dean?" Sam says ignoring Ellie.
"Because I'm the oldest, which means I'm always right." Dean says, both Ellie and Sam look at him.
"No it doesn't." Sam and Ellie state in unison.
"It totally does." Dean says, glancing around, he then looks back at the road with a little grin. Ellie shakes her head and smiles, leaning back in her seat as the Impala cruises past the sign for Fitchburg.

MAIN STREET

Sam and Ellie lean against the Impala. Ellie and Sam are looking forward.
"Hey, Sammy, doesn't that park look a little empty to you." Ellie says not taking her eyes off that one child playing on the park.
"That's exactly what I was thinking." Sam says agreeing with his sister. Dean then approaches, handing both Ellie and Sam a coffee.
"Well.... the waitress thinks the local freemasons are up to something sneaky but other than that no one's heard about anything freaky going on." Dean tells his younger siblings.
"Dean you got the time?" Ellie asks. Dean looks at his watch.
"Ten after four. Why?" Dean questions.
"What's wrong with this picture?" Sam asks indicating ahead. Dean turns around to look at the playground.
"School's out isn't it?" Dean says.
"Yeah, so where is everybody? This place should be crawling with kids right now." Sam says, Dean approaches a woman who is sitting on a park bench reading a magazine.
"Sure is quiet out here." Dean says to the woman.
"Yeah, it's a shame." The woman says sadly.
"Why's that?" Dean asks.
"You know, kids getting sick, it's a terrible thing."
"How many?" Dean questions.
"Just five or six but serious, hospital serious. A lot of parents are getting pretty anxious. They think it's catching." The woman says as they both watch the little girl playing by herself.

HOSPITAL

Sam, Dean and Ellie enter and approach the reception desk.
"Guys. I am not using this ID." Sam says.
"Why not?" Ellie asks.
"Cause it says bikini inspector on it!" Sam exclaims. Ellie and Dean both grin.
"Don't worry she won't look that close all right? Hell, she won't even ask to see it. It's all about confidence Sammy." Ellie says. Dean then spins Sam to face the desk and Ellie and Dean keep walking. The receptionist looks up.
"Hi. I'm Doctor Jerry Caplin, Centers for Disease Control." Sam says.
"Can I see some ID?" The receptionist asks. Further down the corridor Dean and Ellie snigger to each other. Sam throws Dean a dirty look.
"Yeah of course." Sam says quickly flashing his ID, holding his thumb over part of it. "Now could you direct me to the pediatrics ward please?" Sam says.
"Okay well, just go down that hall, turn left and up the stairs." Sam smiles and approaches a grinning Dean and Ellie, giving them an angry glare.
"See. I told you it would work." Ellie says still grinning. Sam glares at his little sister and shakes his head irritably.
"Follow me. It's upstairs." Sam tells them. They go up the stairs and walk down the corridor. Dean looks into a room they pass. An old evil looking woman sitting in a wheelchair slowly turns her head to look at him. An inverted cross hangs on her wall.
"Dean!" Ellie says. Dean follows them, glancing back toward the room. They find the pediatrician and walk down the corridor with a doctor.
"Well, thanks for seeing us, Dr. Hydecker." Sam says.
"Well I'm glad you guys are here. I was just about to call CDC myself. How'd you find out anyways?" The doctor asks.
"Oh some GP, I forget his name, he called Atlanta and, uh, he must've beat you to the punch." Dean lies. Ellie glances at him.
"So you say you got six cases so far?" Sam asks.
"Yeah, five weeks. At first we thought it was garden variety bacterial pneumonia. Not that newsworthy. But now..." The doctor trails off.
"Now what?" Ellie questions.
"The kids aren't responding to antibiotics. Their white cells counts keep going down. Their immune systems just aren't doing their job. It's like their bodies are... wearing out." The doctor explains.
"Excuse me, Dr Hydecker." A nurse comes up to him and hands him some forms to sign.
"You see anything like this before?" Sam asks to the doctor.
"Never this severe." The doctor explains.
"And the way it spreads... that's a new one for me." The nurse adds.
"What do you mean?" Sam asks.
"It works its way through families. But only the children, one sibling after another.
"You mind if we interview a few of the kids?" Dean questions.
"They're not conscious." The three Winchesters widen their eyes.
"None of them?" Sam asks.
"No."
"Can we, uh, can we talk to the parents?" Dean asks.
"Well, if you think it'll help." The doctor says.
"Yeah. Who was your most recent admission?" Ellie questions.