Home

Dean, Sam and Ellie are in their motel room, Ellie is watching TV while Sam is drawing on his notepad and Dean is on the computer. Sam looks deep in thought, Ellie keeps looking over to him, she knows that something is up. Dean looks up from the computer. Ellie turns off the TV as Dean starts talking.
"All right. I've been cruising some websites. I think I found a few candidates for our next gig. A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali - it's crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas. Hey." Dean notices that Sam hasn't looked up, Ellie looks over at Sam who looks up at his brother.
"Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff?"
"No. I'm listening. Keep going." Sam tells him.
"And, here, a Sacramento man shot himself in the head. 3 times." Dean waves his hand in front of Sam. "Any of these blowing up your skirt, pal?" Sam suddenly realises something, looking at his picture.
"Wait, I've seen this." Sam says. Ellie looks at her brother confused.
"Seen what?" Ellie asks as Sam gets up and searches through his duffel bag. "What are you doing?" Ellie asks again watching her brother with confusion. Sam finds a photo of their family from when Ellie is a baby. He compares the tree in the photo to his drawing. They are the same.
"Guys, I know where we have to go next." Sam states. Dean and Ellie look at each other in confusion.
"Where?" They say together.
"Back home - back to Kansas." Sam tells them, Ellie's eyes widen at this. Dean looks dumbfounded.
"Okay, random. Where'd that come from?" Dean says while not taking his eyes off of his brother. Sam shows the photo to Dean and Ellie.
"All right, um, this photo was taken in front of our old house, right? The house where Mom died?" Sam asks, Ellie looks down.
"Yeah." Dean says unsure about where this is going.
"And it didn't burn down, right? I mean, not completely, they rebuilt it, right?" Sam keeps asking Dean, Ellie wouldn't really know as she was only 6 months old when her mom died.
"I guess so, yeah. What the hell are you talking about?" Dean asks worried and confused.
"Okay, look, this is gonna sound crazy but... the people who live in our old house - I think they might be in danger." Sam says. Ellie walks over to the bed and sits opposite Sam.
"Why would you think that?" Ellie asks while eyeing her brother.
"Uh.. it's just, um... look, just trust me on this, okay?" Sam says.
"Wait, whoa, whoa, trust you?" Dean breathes out with his eyebrows furrowed.
"Yeah." Sam simply states.
"Come on, man, that's weak. You gotta give us a little bit more than that." Dean says as he sits next to Ellie.
"I can't really explain it is all." Sam says.
"Well, tough. We are not going anywhere until you do." Ellie says while shrugging. Sam sighs while his two siblings look at him expectantly.
"I have these nightmares." Sam says. Ellie and Dean nod.
"We've noticed." Dean says.
"And sometimes.... they come true." Ellie and Dean both look stunned by this.
"Come again?" Ellie says with wide eyes.
"Look, guys... I dreamt about Jessica's death - for days before it happened." Sam looks down.
"Sam, people have weird dreams, man. I'm sure it's just a coincidence." Dean says. Ellie stays quiet just looking at Sam.
"No, I dreamt about the blood dripping, her on the ceiling, the fire, everything and I didn't do anything about it 'cause I didn't believe it. And now I'm dreaming about that tree, about our house, and about some woman inside screaming for help. I mean, that's where it all started man, this has to mean something, right?" Sam looks at Ellie and Dean. Ellie smiles agreeing with Sam. Dean looks overwhelmed.
"I don't know."
"What do you mean you don't know, Dean? This woman might be in danger. I mean, this might even be the thing that killed Mom and Jessica!" Sam raises his voice.
"All right, just slow down, would ya? I mean, first you tell me that you've got the Shining? And then you tell me that I've gotta go back home? Especially when..." Dean trails off, Ellie looks at her brother.
"When what?" She asks him.
"When I swore myself that I would never go back there?" Dean said sadly, Ellie looks at him with sympathy, she grabs his hand and she's surprised to find that he actually holds her hand back.
"Look, Dean, we have to check this out. Just to make sure." Ellie tells him softly, Sam smiles at his sister for taking his side and believing him.
"I know we do." Dean states.