The Usual Suspects

Sam and Ellie pace by the window of an interrogation room, a SWAT team came and took them for questioning as they arrested Dean.  Suddenly a police man comes in and takes away Ellie.
"Hey! She hasn't done anything, she can stay right here!" Sam shouts after them but it's too late, Ellie glances back into the room quickly giving Sam a quick wink to reassure him, she will be fine. As Ellie leaves Detective Ballard comes in holding a coffee cup.
"Thought you might be thirsty." Ballard smiles.
"Okay, so you're the good cop. Where's the bad cop?" Sam asks.
"Oh, he's with your brother." Ballard tells him.
"Okay. And you're holding us why?"
"Well, he's being held on suspicion of murder. And you and your sister? We'll see."
"Murder?!" Sam leans forward, shocked.
"You sound genuinely surprised. Or are you that good of an actor?" Ballard asks.
"Who was he supposed to have murdered?!"
"We'll get around to that." 
"Well, you can't hold us here without formal charges!" Sam states.
"Well actually, we can, for forty-eight hours, but you being a pre-law student, would know that. I know all about you, Sam." She reads from a file. "You're 23 years old, no job, no home address. Your mother died when your sister was just a baby, your father's whereabouts are unknown. And then there's the case of your brother Dean. Whose demise was, well, just a little bit exaggerated. Feel free to jump in whenever you like." Sam leans against the wall, folding his arms. "Shy? No problem. I'll keep going. Your family moved around a lot when you were a kid. Despite that, you were a straight-A student. Got into Stanford with a full ride." She closes the folder. "Then about a year ago there was a fire in your apartment. One fatality. Jessica Moore, your girlfriend. After she died, you fell off the grid. Left behind everything."
"I needed some time off. To deal. So I'm taking a road trip with my brother and sister." Sam tells her.
"How's that going for you?"
"Great I mean... we saw the second largest ball of twine in the continental US. Awesome." Sam pulls a chair up to the table and straddles it. 
"We ran Dean's fingerprints through AFIS. Got over a dozen possible hits.
"Possible hits. Which makes them worthless."
"But it makes you wonder. What are we gonna find when we run your prints... and your sisters?"
"Yeah, well." He pounds his fist on the table sarcastically. "You be sure to let me know, all right."
"Sam, you seem like a good kid, your sister has just turned 21. It's not your fault that Dean's your brother. We can't pick our family. Right now detectives in St. Louis are exhuming a corpse. They're trying to figure out how your brother faked his own death. After torturing all those young women. Dean's a bad guy. His life is over. You and your sister's life doesn't have to be." Sam looks at her incredulous.
"You want me and Ellie to turn against our own brother?" 
"No. We already caught him cold. Red-handed at the Karen Giles murder scene. We just need you to fill in some missing pieces." Ballard explains, Sam sighs.

INTERVIEW ROOM 2

Ellie sits on the table in the interview room, swinging her legs and whistling. Suddenly, the detective comes in, Ellie turns and grins at the woman. 
"Come take a sit, Eleanor." Ballard motions her to a chair. She jumps off the table, and plods onto the chair, she leans back staring at the detective, she tilts her head to the side.
"It's just Ellie." She states plainly.
"You know, your brother is in a lot of trouble."
"Oh yeah, what for?" She says leaning forward. 
"Well, grave desecration, credit card fraud, let's not forget murder." Ellie widens her eyes at the last one.
"My brother has not murdered anyone." 
"We know all about you, Ellie." She pulls out a file. 
"Oh, please. Do go on." Ellie sweetly smiles and crosses her legs.
"You're 21 years old, you don't go to university, you've never had a job or a home address, you never new your mom as she died when you weren't even a year old, your dad is missing, your brother, Dean, who is supposed to be 'dead' is alive and kicking and Sam lost his girlfriend a year ago and you all have been off the grid since." The detective eyes Ellie, the youngest Winchester smiles slightly. 
"Well, Sammy needed some time off from school after Jess. So us three decided to take a road trip." Ellie says with a smile. 
"Do you know what I find really strange Ellie?" Ballard says.
"What's that, ma'am? Humour me please." Ellie smiles. 
"I looked at your school record, always moving but every school you went to, you were top of the class, just like your brother, except he went to university. But the thing is, from the age of 16, every single school you went to had sent in applications on your behalf, you've had Stanford, Yale, Harvard, Princeton all after you, full-rides. They all seemed pretty desperate to have you. But you didn't go."
"Just not my sort of fun, sorry chief, don't know what to tell ya." Ellie shrugs. Ballard looks down and then at the youngest Winchester.
"Just tell me what happened. I will make sure Sam and Dean are dealt with nicely." Ellie sighs.
"Our Dad and Tony Giles were old friends. They were in the service together. We've known him since we were kids, you know? So as soon as we heard about his death."