♥10

☁️⛅🌤️

The ocean felt colder than Hinata had remembered but maybe it was because the weather was getting colder above ground as well. It had only been a few hours since she had come back with her cousin and Itachi. They had left her alone in her room in hopes that she would talk to them clearly about any information she had obtained while on the island.

Her room felt smaller and she felt a little awkward now with no clothing. Although it had only been almost two months since she had arrived in Konoha, she had become so accustomed to their living.

Or maybe a certain human was just a big influence is all.

Kissing. Hinata had never personally been interested in any kind of physical affection since it was uncommon to even think about that kind of stuff in the ocean before you were wed. Humans were always affectionate with each other. Of course she knew that affection came in different forms, Sasuke had taught her that.

But then Naruto leaned down to her. His hand held her own and his other had gently cradled her face. His lips were just a breath away from her own until they were interrupted. And she was going to go to his dorm!

Given, she didn't exactly know what a dorm was but she assumed that it was where he was living.

She was going to be alone with him! Would they have kissed? Would he have liked to kiss her multiple times as she saw in the few moving pictures that she watched with Naruto? Would he have wanted to go further? Hinata once again was in unfamiliar territory with physical affection but she figured she could ask Sasuke about it once she got back to Konoha.

"Hinata?" her mother's gentle voice called. The door to her room opened and she saw her beautiful mother. "You're here? What happened to Japan?"

"Neji and Itachi came for me because I hadn't checked in for about a week." she explained. "Did they not tell you?"

Her mother shook her head before sitting on the bed. Her long lilac and grey colored tail stretched out beyond. "No. Your father said that he was going to try summoning you to the portal, not that he was going to send your cousin."

Hinata cocked her head in confusion. She was going to question her mother further before the door to her room opened once more. 

"Your father would like to speak to you, Hinata." Neji said once he entered. "He is in the study."

Hinata squeezed her mother's hand before swimming out and towards her father's study. She was confused about why she was brought back here so suddenly without so much as an explanation from either Neji or Itachi.

Once they arrived in her clearing they simply directed her to "get in the portal, we're going home." And then they swam her to her room and asked her to stay put until one of them came back for her. She didn't see a reason to protest so she just stayed in her room.

"Father," Hinata greeted as she closed the door behind her. "Why have you called me back so suddenly? Is something wrong?"

"You were tasked to find Sasuke," he said. "Not to play nice with humans."

She frowned at his words. Had Neji and Itachi told him of what they witnessed? Nothing had even happened between herself and Naruto.

"It is difficult father. I needed to make at least one connection in Konohagakure in order to get help finding Sasuke. And mother told me to summon the most powerful human creature I could so I did just that. He has been helping me with no questions ever since."

Hinata's mind was reeling. She didn't know how much information she should disclose to her father in fear that he would not let her return to the land above.