♥20

[unedited]

short & sweet but first...

I wanted to say how truly thankful I am to all my wonderful readers that have endured my horrid updating since the beginning and those who came along the way. Also those who are reading after this is completed!! I started this just before my senior year of high school, thinking I would finish it off by Christmas... well... here we are 2 years later. I went through so much these past two years and this book, writing this whimsical little NaruHina story helped me so much. You guys all helped me so much.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me finish off this book with 15k reads and a lighter heart. I love you guys! Now, please enjoy the last chapter of The Difference Between Us <3

☁️⛅🌤️

"Naruto Uzumaki."

A series of cheers echoed from the audience. Hinata, Sakura, and Kushina screamed at the top of their lungs as Naruto crossed the stage and received his degree. There were a few eyes glaring at them from surrounding families but Sasuke and Minato were quick to wave them off.

Ah yes, two and half years later, here we are at Naruto's graduation. He would have graduated last year but took a year off so he and Hinata could figure their new lives out. Naruto worked and Hinata figured out independence so she wouldn't be so scared when Naruto had to leave anymore. She now worked with Ino at her family florist since as soon as Sakura introduced them, Ino was in love with the adorable girl. When Hinata decided to tell Ino where she was truly from, she laughed and then introduced her to Sai, who was also a merman. Naruto knew that Sai was way too odd when they first met in high school. Neji, her cousin, visited her often and he was smitten with Naruto's college friend, Tenten. Hinata had an inkling that Neji would soon be moving to Konoha. 

After the ceremony, it was a struggle trying to find each other in the large crowd. But soon enough, Hinata spotted that head of blond hair. "Naruto-kun!" she shouted and ran to him. Naruto turned around just in time to catch her when she launched herself into his arms.

"Congratulations!" she muttered into his ear as he swung her around. "I'm really so proud of you. You've worked so hard." Hinata said as he set her down. Her speech has also improved so she doesn't always sound so formal.

"Thank you," Naruto smiled brightly down at her. "Where is everyone else?" he asked after a moment and began to look around. 

"They went ahead to the house," she explained. "But that means we can have a moment to ourselves since the rest of the night you'll be busy at the party."

Naruto interlocked their fingers between them and swung their arms as they walked towards the parking lot. "You know the apartment is on the way to my parent's house..." he casually mentioned and glanced down at his wife. "So maybe we can have a bit more than a moment." 

Hinata then had a peachy tint to her cheeks. "Hm, Mr. Uzumaki I do believe you are correct." 

Naruto smiled before he let out an overexaggerated gasp. "Traffic must be terrible," he groaned out dramatically. "We may even be fifteen minutes late!"

Hinata then paused and deadpanned at Naruto. His cheeks turned a soft red as he pulled Hinata with him, a bit of rush in his steps. "Okay, thirty."

☁️⛅🌤️

"Where were you two?" Kushina asked after she welcomed them into Naruto's graduation party which was well underway when they arrived. "I knew you two would be late with the traffic, which is why we left early, but nearly an hour?" She huffed out.