♥01

☁️⛅🌤️

Now, Uzumaki Naruto was by no means the smartest person around. He's generally known for being a goof ball, overdramatic and an overall loving friend.

He himself knew that being book smart was not a quality of his. But he passed his classes and was now in college for business. Naruto had great friends and a great life. He was in shape (a pretty nice shape) and was in perfect health.

So when it's 7 o'clock at night and he wants to go for a run, he decides it might not be the best idea. But as I've said before, Uzumaki Naruto isn't the smartest person so he does it anyways.

"I'll be back," he grabs his keys from the counter and pulls on his track jacket. "I'm gonna go for a run."

Shikamaru, his roommate, just sighed. "This late?" The brunet put down his book and looked at Naruto.

"I need to. I know I failed the test today so I just wanna clear my head."

"Go off, sis."

Naruto cursed Ino for teaching him slang. They'd been best friends since diapers so it's only natural that she was the one to teach him. It was annoying but made him at least laugh.

"You're spending too much time with Ino these days, Shika."

He just snorted. "And you spend too much time with Sakura."

Naruto rolled his eyes and ignored the remark. He may have had a small tiny little (read : huge) crush on the pink haired girl. He liked her since beginning of high school but then Uchiha Sasuke suddenly transferred to their school and she was a goner for him.

"Whatever, she's in med school now. It's not like we have all the time in the world to hang out together anymore." He opens the door. "Besides, she's with Sasuke."

"Whatever you say."

"I'll be back in like thirty minutes."

The blond locked the dorm room behind him and walked out of the building. He got into his car and drove to the nearby park to go for a peaceful little jog.

There were only a couple other runners but it seemed like they were all leaving. He plugged in his ear phones and began to jog on the trail that he knew was shortest out of all of them in that park.

He needed to clear his mind, everything was getting to him. Naruto was already stressed in the first month of the semester. Then what Shikamaru said kind of triggered him but whatever. Sakura was his friend since primary school and he kind of thought that they would end up together but fate decided to screw him over. Naruto was stressed™.

But running always seemed to soothe him somewhat.

The park lights flickered on once the sun fully set around 7:15. The days still dragged on in the middle of August but he seemed to be more fond of warmer weather so it didn't bother him.

He didn't pick up his pace at any particular point, just jogged lightly and listened to his music. Naruto remembered how much he hated this trail once he reached the woods. No matter how many times Naruto ran in this park, he would always get a weird vibe when he passed the woods.

But tonight, the air was different. Something drew him closer to the trees and before he knew it, he was at the beginning of the treeline.

The Uzumaki took out his earphones and carefully scanned the greenery. There was less light by the woods, a little farther from the trail. Shadows lurked from every corner and he dared to pass the sign that clearly read "Stay on trail! Caution of wildlife!"