♥15

☁️⛅🌤️

Naruto had been moping the moment Hinata swam through the portal. He had passed his exams, barely. But he tried his best for Hinata. She hadn't come home in nearly three weeks and he knew that if she hadn't come back now, she wasn't going to.

In turn, he avoided Sasuke. Sasuke could go into the ocean and explain everything or at least go get Hinata but he was being selfish. The moment his exams finished, he packed a bag and drove home. He didn't want to be alone in his dorm and wait.

"Are you not going to tell me why you're being so mopey?" his mother asked and she kicked his feet off the couch to make room for her. "You hardly ever come early for holidays, what's up?"

Naruto sighed. He didn't want to let his mother know he had fallen in love with a mermaid or any part of that side of his life.

"Just..." he hesitated before looking over at his mother. "Can you like... do the mom thing?"

Kushina let out an airy laugh and moved her hair to the side and opened her arms. Naruto sluggishly moved into his mother's embrace, a little embarrassed, but comforted nonetheless.

He wrapped his own arms around a throw cushion and laid his head on her lap while she combed her fingers through his hair. "You're twenty-one years old, Naruto." The redhead remarked snarkily.

The blond finally let a out a bit of laughter. "And you're like a hundred, be grateful you have such a loving son."

He winced when she yanked his ear but steadily calmed down as she continued to rake through his hair. He watched his father come into the living room and give them a warm smile.

"Aww," Minato cooed at his wife and son. "When you were little-"

Naruto's cell phone rang and he saw that it was Sasuke. He let out a pitiful sigh which caused his mother to snort but he just hung up.

"Who was it?" Minato asked once he sat in their recliner.

"Sasuke-kun," Kushina answered before Naruto himself could. "Why'd you hang up? Are you guys fighting or something?"

The blond grimaced. "Or something."

Kushina and Minato shared a look while Naruto fiddled with his phone before turning it off. Minato untied his apron and laid it across the arm of the sofa.

"Naruto," he started. "Are you guys fighting over a girl?"

The younger widened his eyes but then quickly avoided their questioning glare. He knew he couldn't avoid their interrogations, especially not if they were working together. Mom was bad cop and dad was good cop.  And after twenty-one years under their care, you'd think he'd know how to get out of it. But here he is now.

"I mean..." he sunk further into the couch. "I guess you could say th–"

"Naruto Uzumaki!" Kushina yelled and kicked his hip. He yelped and leapt from sofa to recliner and onto his dad's lap. "You're going after Sakura-chan?!" She yelled once more and then stood.

"What?!" Naruto exclaimed and winced  when his mother threw a cushion at him. He curled around Minato's shoulder and tried to shield himself from his mother's wrath.

"Of course not!" He shouted back. "Sakura and Sasuke are practically married! It's... it's about.." the room began to blur and there was a humming in his ear. "Oh my god."

Kushina went from absolutely enraged to concerned in a split second.

"Naruto?" Minato turned to face his son. "What's wrong?"