♥19

🌕🌓🌑

Hinata looked at herself in the mirror. She couldn't breathe. There were jewels hanging from her waist to compliment her tail and she wore a black dress that covered her torso but had a sheer overlay that went past her tail. Her hair was decorated with small jewels and her lips had been stained a deep blue.

"Please tell me this isn't happening," she muttered to her mother, who had helped her dress herself. She was currently waiting for Naruto to respond to her, hoping they would figure out how to get here. "Should I just tell father the truth?" she turned to her mother.

Hiyori shook her head. "Not unless you want him to send you off to the deep." she said. "Or maybe he'd do something unspeakable to the boy." Hiyori offered instead which caused Hinata to flinch. The boy of course meant Naruto and Hinata didn't put it past her father to try and hurt Naruto if it benefitted himself. 

"Do not even think that, mother!" Hinata gasped and scolded her. "I just hope that everything will turn out well." she said exasperatedly as she sat next to her mother on the bed. There was a heavy knock at her door and then it was opened without even waiting for a response.

Once the door was opened it revealed the pale merman with striking teal eyes and silver hair. He had also been dressed for the occasion; in a black shirt that had puffed sleeves with a line of jewels cascading from his shoulders all the way down to his tail. "Hello, dear Hinata." he greeted. "Mother Hyuga," his eyes widened when he saw her but then bowed his head slightly. "Nice to see you." he said and closed the door behind him. 

There was an awkward pause after he swam inside, the atmosphere unsure. "Hi, Toneri," Hinata finally broke the silence. "Do not worry, my mother is aware of the situation." Once she had said that she could practically see the stress roll off his shoulders.

"Ah, good to know." he nodded slowly. "But what exactly is our situation? Will your beloved be making an appearance at our wedding?" Toneri asked with a teasing smile. Hinata then remembered that at the moment he knew less than her mother.  She let out a slightly frustrated sigh and went to squeeze her own cheeks to distract herself for a moment.

"I will be leaving during the ceremony. It is the only way to prove to my father that he does not have control over me. I cannot tell you much more because I do not wan to pose a threat to you or my mother. However, you must help my mother protect Hanabi if a fight is to break out. I ask only this of you, Toneri." she said quickly, feeling more and more anxious the longer that Naruto didn't contact her.

Toneri nodded one more and pulled Hinata into a tight hug. "No harm will come to Hanabi nor your mother. I swear it." he said gently, having sensed her tense nerves.

Hinata relaxed into his embrace for a moment, feeling comforted even if it was just for a fleeting second. After said second, there was a heavy knock at the door and then Neji appeared in the doorway.

"Oh. Toneri," he was taken aback by the two embracing as if it was the most alien sight to behold. "Everything has been prepared, both of you please follow me." he said sternly to the both of them.

Do we go now or wait? Naruto finally responded to her.

Now! Hinata screamed back desperately. Toneri is here and so is Sasuke's family. We will start in just a few moments time!

Both Toneri and her mother swam in front her sluggishly, trying to waste the most miniscule moments of time. Hinata also followed a few tail lengths behind as she began to feel her hands shake. The garden was in view, just outside the door.

We're on our way.

Hinata let out a deep sigh and now regretted not having the two of them come with her in the first place. Would they even be able to make it?