♥️16

☁️⛅🌤️

The car was silent as they drove. Naruto was in shock of what just happened. He spouted a tail and became a mermaid.

Then it took a whole hour in the freezing water and snowy weather for Hinata and Sasuke to teach him to change back to a human since he hadn't even tried to become a mermaid, or merman. Then when he finally managed it, he was stark naked and Sasuke and Hinata immediately magic'ed him clothes out of no where.

On top of that, Sasuke couldn't manage to dry his hair.

So the Uchiha drove Naruto's car while Sakura drived his. Which of course resulted in Hinata throwing herself onto her boyfriend as soon as she was able in order to comfort him.

Hinata had her arms wrapped around his neck and legs around his waist in the backseat. Sasuke had given him a thick blanket to warm up and immediately blasted the heaters in his car. "Naruto Uzumaki Naruto," Hinata whispered. "I missed you."

That's right. He couldn't even focus on being reunited with Hinata because he turned into a freaking merman.

"I missed you too," he kissed her forehead. He squeezed her tighter to him and wished for nothing more than to just be wrapped up in his bed with her.

"Sasuke," he finally addressed the male driving his car. "I'm assuming you might know what the hell happened to me?"

The ravenet glanced at him from the rear view mirror before turning his eyes back to the road. "I have an inkling but I need to talk to your parents first."

The rest of the ride to his house was spent in silent. He simply held Hinata as close to him as he could and reminded himself that she was worth every struggle. Including growing fins.

☁️⛅🌤️

Naruto stood at the doorway with the blanket wrapped around his head and a scowl across his face. Sasuke, Sakura, and Hinata stood behind him, awkwardly waiting for him to unlock the door.

"Naruto?" Sakura piped up once her fingertips began to numb. "What's wrong?"

The blond let out a pitiful sigh and wrapped the blanket tighter around himself. "When I... changed... my clothes disappeared with everything that was in my pockets. My keys and my phone."

Another beat of silence. No one knew how to comfort the obviously confused and embarrassed male since they were just as confused as he was.

"At least you left your wallet in the car?" Sasuke tried which just earned him a glare over the shoulder. Naruto was still pissed that Sasuke just didn't go into the ocean himself.

When he turned back to the door both Sasuke and Sakura turned to Hinata for help. There was absolutely no way he would snap at her.

The Hyuga took a step in front of him and looked him in the eyes. Naruto gave her a warm smile and Hinata leaned in and placed a soft peck to his cheek. "Perhaps, Naruto-kun," the pet name earned her even more points. "We could just..."

Hinata raised her hand and knocked thrice on the wooden door. "Knock?"

Silence engulfed them once more but now Naruto held tightly onto Hinata's hand. They waited in the cold and watched the lights flicker on inside then listened to the door being unlocked.