♥02

☁️⛅🌤️

The board at the front of the lecture hall began to blur. Then it blurred a little more... then it went completely black.

Then Naruto smacked his forehead on the table where he was sitting. The students around him giggled while he inhaled sharply and sat back up, wiping drool from his chin.

"Mr. Uzumaki, am I boring you?" The professor called.

Naruto immediately woke up when noticed everyone's eyes were on him and he quickly shook his head. "No, Iruka sensei."

A little over a week had passed since the encounter with the girl. He walked the trail nearly every night trying to find her, his curiosity getting the best of him. Anywhere that he'd look, he saw her.

The class continued for the last fifteen minutes until the lecture was over. He yawned and began to stuff his things back into his backpack.

"Late night?" A girl next to him asked. Naruto looked up at her and did a double take.

She had pale skin and that dark midnight coloured hair. He couldn't see her eyes behind the glare of her glasses lenses but he believed— knew it was her.

"Y-you!" He stood up, nearly knocking her in the head. "It's you, isn't it?!"

She took a step back and clutched her literature books closely to her chest. "W-what?"

"You're the girl I saw in woods! It's—"

Her thick, gold rimmed glasses slid down the bridge of her narrow nose and her eyes were visible. They weren't the pale lilac he remembered but a vibrant green. That's when he noticed her hair was actually black and not the blue-purple shade.

The blonde pulled his hand back from her shoulder. "I-I'm sorry—"

"Uzumaki!" A voice snapped and pulled his sleeve, away from the girl. "Suzue, I'm sorry. He's just sleep deprived."

The girl nodded at Shikamaru then quickly walked out of the lecture hall. The brunet turned his attention back to Naruto who was just standing there.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"She looked like that girl!" He tried to defend himself. "Like-like—"

"The girl you saw at the park, I know." Shikamaru sighed and rubbed his temples. "Naruto, you gotta let that go. You've been going to the park every night and staying there since who knows when."

The blond shook his head and ran his hand down his face. "I don't know why either. I just want to see her again."

"You sound crazy, Naruto."

Naruto didn't know why he wanted to see the girl again. She was odd and even a little rude but there was something about her. Something so alluring.

Shikamaru groaned. "Just don't go tonight. Every Tuesday or some shit, don't go."

"But what if—"

"I don't want to hear it. Go home, you don't have any other classes today." Shikamaru said, his voice sharp.

They had always been like this, Shikamaru trying to care for him. He was always a trouble maker and Shikamaru was there to keep him in check, since primary school.

There was no reason to keep fighting so Naruto could only shrug and agree.

☁️⛅🌤️

Aforementioned, Naruto wasn't all that smart... So he didn't exactly listen to Shikamaru. He took a detour to the park before heading back to the dorm to get the sleep he deserved.