♥12

this chapter has a lot of fluff 😔🤚🏼
i promise the plot is there if you squint but we'll get goin soon 🥴

☁️⛅🌤️

It was odd. So terribly confusing for the Uchiha to see. To see Hinata with a blush stained face and giggling all while in the arms of someone he'd known for years. Hinata always so stoic and unaware of her emotions and now she was just overflowing with them. It was even more odd to see them giggling and sharing secret whispers on his sofa.

Sasuke just smiled to himself and turned away from them and into his kitchen where he found his girlfriend also giggling while on the phone. He wordlessly slipped his arms around her waist and sighed into her shoulder.

"Well of course he thinks that," Sakura laughed into the phone. She turned her phone away from her mouth for a moment and whispered; "What's wrong, babe?" Sasuke just shook his head and pulled her closer to him. Sakura kissed his temple and turned back to her phone conversation.

"Okay, well, Sai needs to propose then. You two have been together since like middle school!" she exclaimed. Sasuke could hear Ino shouting and laughing on the other end of the phone. He could tell that Ino was probably a little tipsy with how loud she was. "Yeah, yeah, Pig Head," Sakura snorted. "I'm not the one waiting for a ring. I'll talk to you later, okay? Yeah. Love you too. Bye."

She hung up the phone and placed her cell on the counter. Sakura leaned back into his embrace and let out a content sigh at his warmth. "What's up?"

"Nothing," the ravenette mumbled into her shoulder. "It's just weird to see Hinata with like... emotions." he admitted. "Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she can finally understand why I left the ocean in the first place and never went back after I found you..." 

Sakura smiled once she heard those words leave his lips. She had always felt drawn to him, ever since the day she first saw him awkwardly wandering around their high school. Sasuke was far more sophisticated and knowledgeable about human life than Hinata was but he still had odd reactions to the most basic human experiences. 

"But?" the pinkette urged him to continue. 

"I mean," he sighed and let go of his girlfriend, allowing her to turn around and look at him. "I just don't know how safe they are. Hiashi is so protective over her since her powers are supposed to be just as, if not more, powerful than my own are. We're the next generations of the sea which is why everyone wanted us..."

"Married." Sakura finished for him. Sasuke nodded and ran a hand through his hair. Of course Sakura had seen his powers in action but she just assumed that other merfolk were just as strong. "Are you really that powerful?" she asked, purely out of curiosity.

Sasuke sighed. "I haven't been in the ocean for over five years so I haven't tested anything out," he said. "But I was able to do magic when I was around eight years old, so did Hinata. Most times merfolk can't use magic until around ten or eleven. If I was in the ocean I'd probably be able to use magic to summon or change the structure of our village."

Sakura whistled in awe as she realized his power in the ocean. Albeit with a bit of confusing examples but she now had a better grasp on the role of magic. The pinkette then squeezed her boyfriend's sides which caused him to jump and then laugh lightly.

"Anyways," Sasuke sighed. "If she doesn't marry me she's gonna marry some guy that moved to our village last year. He's nice apparently and Hinata didn't have a problem with it but now..." he hesitated and looked back in the direction of the living room where he could hear Naruto and Hinata talking and laughing together. "There's Naruto to think about."