♥09

this is a long chapter!

☁️⛅🌤️

It was nearing midnight by the time that Naruto reached Sasuke's apartment. He had been calling both Sasuke and Sakura, since she always stayed the weekends, trying to make sure they were awake and at the residence when he arrived but unfortunately there was no answer.

Naruto was a wreck. He was scared and confused, worried about Hinata. The blond buzzed the apartment repeatedly so he could be let in. He waited for them to answer while relentlessly pressing the buzzer. 

"What the-" a sleepy sounding Sakura answered. "Who is it?"

"It's Naruto," he answered and heard Sakura groan. "Please let me in, I need to talk to Sasuke."

Sakura didn't respond but he heard the door unlock and walked in. He didn't bother to wait for the elevator but jogged up to the fifth story of the building. Naruto groaned as he approached their floor and jogged to the end of the hallway to their door. He knocked a couple times before Sakura opened the door.

"Hey," she greeted. "What's up?"

"Is Sasuke awake? I need to talk to him," he said as he toed off his sneakers at the door. "Sorry for just dropping by."

Sakura fastened her robe a little tighter and yawned before shaking her head. "It's fine, Sasuke got back late from the lab so he's still showering." she sat down on the couch. "what's this about?"

Naruto looked at her for a moment before something clicked. Hinata had kept her relation with Sakura private but maybe it wasn't Sakura she was friends with. Maybe it was Sasuke..

His blue eyes narrowed before he ran a hand through his hair. "You know something," Naruto said. "Sakura, you know something."

"What?" She tilted her head while tying her hair up. "Know what?"

The blond took a step towards her, pieces falling together in his head. "You know that Hinata is different, don't you?" He said in an accusatory tone. "You know because..."

The door to the bedroom opened and out emerged Sasuke still toweling his hair off. "Hey, wha—"

"You know Hinata is different because Sasuke is different."

Silence engulfed the room and Sasuke's motion ceased. He draped the towel over his shoulders and took a few steps towards the blond.

"What'd you say, Uzumaki?" Sasuke asked lowly.

Naruto gulped. He didn't know what he was getting into. He knew that Hinata was gone and she gave directions to talk to Sasuke. Naruto was going to do just that in order to help her.

"Hinata was taken," he muttered before regaining his confidence. Sasuke's eyes widened but he didn't say anything. "Hinata was taken and she said you have to explain now. I don't know what that means but she's different and now that I think about it," he took a breath. "You're different too."

Sasuke just stared for a second then let out a sigh. He turned to face his girlfriend and she was sitting with her knees pulled to her chest, emerald eyes widened in shock.

The Uchiha motioned for Naruto to take a seat on the lounge chair while he took his spot next to Sakura. There was another few seconds of tension filled silence while Sasuke tried to arrange his thoughts.

"Who took Hinata?" He asked after a few minutes.

Naruto sat up while trying to remember what they looked like. "Two guys, they were only wearing shorts. They both had long hair, one with brown the other with black. And the brown haired one had eyes like Hinata." He rushed out, nervous and hoping that Hinata wasn't wrong about Sasuke being able to help.