♥03

☁️⛅🌤️

Naruto didn't really know what he had agreed to. The girl, Hinata, had asked him to meet her back in the forest as early as possible. He just hoped the humming would help him find where she is again.

He took a few things with him like snacks and his phone charger. Naruto didn't bother to tell Shikamaru where he was going since he would object.

He slung his backpack over his shoulder and grabbed his keys from the counter, slipping out before the brunet was even awake. Naruto was being quiet as he left the dorm, trying to be as discreet as possi—

"Hey Naruto-kun," a voice chirped far too brightly for seven am on a Saturday. "Where you going?"

Naruto had forgotten Tenten was on desk duty this week. He loved Tenten, always had a friendship with her since he first arrived at the university. She was a year ahead of him and helped him settle in to his dorm and find his classes. But she tended to be a little overbearing sometimes.

"Hey Tenten-chan. I'm just going home for the day, see my mom and dad." He lied. "Have you been here all night?"

She yawned, almost on cue to his question. "Yeah, it's more quiet than hearing Temari snore all night when I need to study for my ethics test."

Naruto laughed a bit, knowing that the dirty blonde girl tended to not be the quietest sleeper. He was lucky Shikamaru didn't snore. Funny how Temari and Shikamaru were near polar opposites, yet, had been together for nearly three years now.

"Well I'll leave you to it," Naruto said after a few moments, remembering his initial plans. "have a nice day."

They bid goodbyes and Naruto went on his way. He drove to the park, beginning to get jittery for whatever reason. The blonde tried to reason with himself that this was a good idea, helping a complete stranger. But his skepticism lingered as he parked the car.

There were a few early morning joggers on the trails once he arrived. He didn't feel a hum yet but he just began to walk the same path, hoping that his legs would lead him in the correct direction.

He parked and grabbed his backpack, making his way to the forest. Everything was so mysterious, he was as excited as he was terrified.

Naruto eventually wandered into the thick greenery and found Hinata sitting at the edge of the small pool of water. Her hair fanned out behind her and her pale skin looked iridescent. He gazed at her for a moment, fondness tugging at his chest, despite him not knowing a thing about her.

"Hello," he greets and sets his bag down then sits on the grass a few feet away from the girl. "Good morning."

She startles once she notices him. The girl looks somewhat embarrassed that she didn't sense him or something.

"Ah, Naruto Uzumaki Naruto," she greeted. He rolled his eyes and corrected the girl, saying 'just Naruto is fine'. "You are here much earlier than I anticipated."

He was suddenly embarrassed. "W-well you said as early as possible."

"But I thought your circadian rhythm lasted longer than mine."

Naruto just nodded slowly. He didn't really understand what she meant but remembered it had something to do with sleep schedules.

"Um... So what exactly do you need my help with?" He inquired, looking at the grass that surrounded her.

Hinata visibly perked up and she turned so that she was facing him completely. Her facial expression became serious once more and she looked him straight in the eyes.

"What I am about to disclose to you must be kept in the upmost confidence," she said lowly, warning. "You may refuse to help but do not tell anyone what I am to say. Do not be fooled by my appearance, I am very much capable of hurting you."

His heart suddenly began to beat faster and the blond could only nod.

"Do you understand?"

"Yes."

She sighed and closed her eyes. Naruto didn't know if he was more intrigued or scared of her now, but all he knew is that he wanted to know more.

"I am looking for someone," Hinata began. "He is... He is close to me."

Naruto tilted his head slightly. "Like a boyfriend?"

She pursed her lips and thought for a few moments. "Something to that extent, I think. He left our home about five years ago and we have been notified that he is residing here in Konohagakure." She now looked forward at Naruto, directly into his eyes. "I want to find him but I am in need of assistance."

"Why?" He asked suddenly. She looked taken aback but he was quick to reword himself. "I-I mean why do you need help?"

"I am not from here, nor this country. I need to find him before the end of this Earth year." She said. "Actually, before the day I believe is called December 27th."

Naruto frowned. "Why before then?"

"It is my 21st birthday."

The Uzumaki opened his mouth to ask another question but she raised her hand up in a stopping motion. "Please do not ask any more questions. I will tell you what you need to know."

The blond nodded thoughtfully, still a little confused but now understood what she so desperately needed help finding. There was a bit of silence between them before Naruto spoke up. "Do you miss him?"

"I... I do..." Hinata casted her gaze towards the small pond, looking guilty. "Will you help me?"

Finding someone shouldn't be that hard, right? Konoha was a pretty small town and if this guy looked as odd as Hinata did then it'll be easy. Plus December 27th was like in four months and that's plenty of time.

"I'll try to," he stated. "But I have my classes and a job so I can't dedicate all of my time to you."

"That is okay!" Hinata said excitedly. "Just the time you give me will be enough."

Naruto smiled and watched her wiggle with glee. She looked a bit awkward, as if she didn't know how to handle her emotions. He watched her for a few more moments, the same fondness tugging at his chest as it did the day before.

Hinata was just so... Cute.

"I will need the rest of the day to prepare, Naruto Uzumaki Naruto! You may leave and return around the same time tomorrow." The bluenette said with a smile. "I-If you are available tomorrow." She added bashfully.

"Lucky for you, I am." Naruto stood up and Hinata followed his action.

They hadn't been this close, only having formally met yesterday. She was barely to his shoulder. Hinata looked up at him with her big beautiful eyes and a smile on her lips. Naruto, for whatever reason, blushed.

"I-I'll see you tomorrow, Hinata-chan."

"It is Hinata Hyuga! I am not Hinata Chan." She furrowed her brows and pouted.

"N-no, it's a formality. To show respect." Naruto clarified. "I'll teach you the rest later, okay?"

"That is good. Thank you."

They bid goodbyes and Naruto left with his heart rate going just a bit faster than it had been before he entered the forest.

ik it's repetitive with nardo going into the forest but u'll understand!