♥04

☁️⛅🌤️

The blond laid in his bed, debating if the strange girl was worth it. He was so tired when he woke up the next day. Naruto pulled his comforter around his shoulders tightly and rolled over, wanting a few more hours of sleep.

But then he felt bad.

Curse his good conscious.

He got up and walked to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day. While he was showering, he felt that weird hum. Anytime he went to the forest he would feel the hum. So it was weird that he felt it here in his dorm. Maybe it meant something.

Naruto finished up quickly and dried the water from his skin then wrapped the towel around his hips. The blond got dressed quickly and dried his hair properly.

Out of courtesy, Naruto had gotten Hinata a change or two of clothes since he had only seen her in the white gown.

He had gone to the used clothes store since he was a broke college student, hoping that he would find a few things for cheap. He had gotten her a plain black T-shirt, a pair of faded jeans, a bright yellow sweater and black sweats. He also got her a new pack of socks and some cheap sneakers from the convenient store. It was the thought that counted.

The Uzumaki pulled his backpack over his shoulder and swiped his keys off the counter as he did the previous morning. Naruto didn't want Shikamaru to know what he was up to because he knew that Shikamaru would talk him out of it.

"Hey," but of course things never go Naruto's way. "Where're you going?"

Naruto turned to where Shikamaru was standing in their kitchenette. He scratched the back of his neck while thinking. "Out to see my cousin."

"Cousin?" The brunet took a drink from his mug, eyeing the other male. "What cousin?"

"Um," he cleared his throat. "Karin."

"You hate Karin."

"I do not."

Shikamaru scoffed and set his mug down. "You literally didn't even go to her graduation because it was the same night as the Friends rerun marathon."

Naruto sputtered. "I just have priorities."

The brunet sighed and shrugged. Naruto didn't really like keeping things from him but he also didn't exactly know what he was hiding. Hinata was just a... friend(?). A friend who he was helping.

The Uzumaki turned and continued out of the door but then Shikamaru's voice called after him. "Whatever it really is, you can trust me."

☁️⛅🌤️

"I brought you some clothes," he announced after they greeted each other, swinging his backpack to the front. "I thought you might need some."

Hinata looked at the items he pulled out carefully, hands curled on her lap. "Clothes?"

Naruto raised a brow. "Yeah, what you wear. Like your dress."

She looked down at the fabric covering her body and then nodded. "Clothes," she repeated. "Yes, I do need the clothes."

Naruto nodded and proceeded to pull out the sweater he had selected and place it in front of her.

"Thank you," she said. "I do not own any other clothes."

She then proceeded to pull her dress over her head, causing Naruto to turn a vibrant shade of red. "H-Hinata!"