♥07

☁️⛅🌤️

Hinata had been experiencing an emotion that she had never had before. Guilt

Naruto was by far her favorite human to ever be around, considering she only knew him but still. She had found him. Sasuke. But she never told Naruto and weeks had gone by. They were now in the month of October and she knew that she was running out of time but she just wasn't ready to go back.

"What's wrong?" The blonde asked her when she noticed that she hadn't said anything in awhile. "You cold or something?" 

Hinata wasn't cold but she nodded and let herself be wrapped in Naruto's denim jacket. The two of them were walking around the downtown area and had been for the last hour or so. Naruto looked at the smaller girl before moving her hand from the sleeve of his shirt and into his own hand and interlocking their fingers. 

The two of them had become more affectionate with each other since the mall. Naruto explained dating to her without question when she asked but then had the dawning idea that the blond thinks that she is looking for her boyfriend. Hinata had yet to correct him.

"So, Hinata-chan," Naruto started and looked up at the streetlamp. "Are you going to explain the whole sudden friendship with Sakura-chan yet?"

"I will in time," She said. "Does my relation with Sakura make you uncomfortable?"

"Well, no, but you only met her the one time before becoming secret friends and she's bringing you the items you need when I'm not there." He said in a slightly whiny tone before looking down and pouting at her. "The two of you are keeping something from me."

The bluenette sighed and debated on telling him the truth but wanted to delay it more. "I swear that she and I are keeping nothing of importance from your knowledge. I have repeatedly said-"

"You'll tell me when the time is right, I know." Naruto cut her off. He dragged his free hand down his face and then turned to meet eyes with Hinata. "I just want to..." His cheeks flushed a cherry color. "I just want to keep you safe from everything since I hardly know anything about you."

Hinata let herself smile a bit, a facial expression she was unused to making, and felt her cheeks warm up. She let go of Naruto's hand to raise her own to her cheeks in confusion. "I am warm."

Naruto walked in front of her and bent down to her eye level and gently grabbed her wrists to move her hands from her face. "You're blushing." He said with a teasing lilt to his voice.

The bluenette frowned as she looked at his eyes. "But I am not embarrassed."

He sighed and realized that this was another thing Hinata was unfamiliar with. "Blushing isn't always associated with embarrassment or shame, it's-" Naruto stopped to gather his thoughts. Why was she blushing anyways? It's not like she felt the same about him. "I'll explain it later."

"Please explain now."

The blond let a mischievous smirk grace his lips before lacing their fingers together and beginning to walk again. "When the time is right, Hinata-chan."

 ☁️⛅🌤️

It was beginning to get late in the evening so Naruto decided that he better head home since he was meeting his friend Gaara and Shijima in the morning to study. He looked at Hinata who was patiently waiting for her hot chocolate to cool down. He noticed that Hinata loved chocolate or any sweets. 

Hinata didn't really want to leave but knew that Naruto had a life outside of helping her. "Will we be leaving soon?"

"Yeah, as soon as we finish our drinks." Naruto said reluctantly. He didn't want to leave her alone tonight, maybe because it the evenings were finally getting cooler and he didn't really know what happened when he left her at the treeline into the woods.