Chapter 43

This is it! The night has arrived! The moment they've been waiting for! The night of Mavis Dracula and Johnny Loughran's wedding has begun!

The lobby had been decorated in mostly white with a soft pink lighting, a large sparkling spider web reading Congratulations, Mavis and Johnathan on the ceiling, a white carpet went from the door to the reception deck and two zombie bellhops finished laying it out proudly. But then it got covered in slime from Blobby, a muddy footprint from Bigfoot, and further ruined by werewolf pups, Mr. Hydraburg, and other monsters walking rapidly over it.

"Ohh!" the zombies moaned in disappointment.

"Welcome! Welcome!" Dracula greeted with a smile to a yeti and a gremlin as he shook their hands.

"Congrats Drac! Holy smokes! Everybody's here!" The yeti exclaimed as he saw Frank and Eunice walked by. "That Johnny is a nice kid."

"Hey, she loves him," Dracula said with a happy tone and smile.

"Yeah! Look at it this way, Drac; you're not losing a daughter, you're gaining..." The gremlin was cut off when Dracula towered over him and the yeti with a deep, demonic voice, and red eyes as he yelled.

"YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'M NOT LOSING MY DAUGHTER! SHE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE!" Dracula yelled at the trembling yeti and gremlin as the vampire gave a roar at the end. Dracula's anger vanished and smiled at the two still frozen and wide eyed with fear like nothing happened.

"Anyways, you guys should try the deviled eggs. We have Quasimodo made it special for all the guests." Dracula said in a friendly way as a gargoyle chef came floating in with a plate of deviled eggs smiling.

"Of course! Whatever you want, Drac!" The yeti and gremlin replied nervously as they grabbed some deviled eggs with their hands shaking out of fear.

Meanwhile, a family of three humans walked through the revolving door, all wearing formal clothes for the upcoming wedding.

"Brett, Kent, and Melly Loughran! The family of the groom has arrived!" an armored knight announced their presence loudly.

Every monster in the lobby froze in place and stared at the new humans. Both the Loughrans and the monsters guests stared uncomfortably at each other but the Loughrans smiled warmly when Johnny and Alfred came and greeted their family with warm hugs.

"Guys! I can't believe you're all here!" Johnny shouted happily as his siblings greeted them with hugs and smiles.

"Johnny! Congratulations, bro!" The Loughrans greeted excitedly as Johnny and Alfred embraced them.

"Brett, Kent, and Melly! I'm glad you could all make it!" Dracula exclaimed as he greeted the new guests but only this time he didn't roar at them.

"Of course, Drac. We wouldn't want to miss my little brother's wedding." Brett said as he swung his arm around Johnny, locking him in a playful headlock and ruffling his hair.

"Urk! Come on, dude. You're... messing up... my hair!" Johnny choked, struggling to free himself of his eldest brother's grasp while everyone laughed at their bonding.

"Alright, that's enough you two." Alfred said laughing a little while Brett released his hold on Johnny and catching his breath.

"Please, make yourselves comfortable. The wedding will begin in a few hours." Dracula suggested in a friendly manner.

"We're so happy for you, Johnny! After the wedding, you and Mavis are going to be the new Mr. and Mrs. Loughran!" Kent said proudly.

"I wish mom and dad would've been here with us right now." Melly replied softly while everyone's smile slowly faded in sadness.