Chapter 7

The Chemical Plant....
Johnny/Batman arrived at the chemical plant that Claridge owns. Instead on entering the front door, Johnny/Batman decided to find an entrance at the rooftop and found an air vent that leads inside the chemical plant.

"Alfred, I'm at the chemical plant. It's too quiet. I'll find a way inside." Johnny/Batman confirmed through his earpiece inside his cowl. Johnny/Batman was now inside the chemical plant and what he saw next was one the horrifying things he's never seen. "Oh god!"

"What is it, Johnny?" Alfred asked in Johnny/Batman's earpiece.

"Bodies everywhere. No survivors." Johnny/Batman said. There were countless of dead bodies everywhere inside the chemical plant. All of them are surrounded with pools of blood.

"How many?" Alfred asked.

"Like I have to count the pieces. This was a massacre." Johnny/Batman replied.

"Oh god! Who could've done this?" Alfred said in disgust and horrified.

"I don't know, Al. I'm gonna go look around to find Claridge." Johnny/Batman notified.

"IF he's still alive." Alfred said. Johnny/Batman hated to hear that.

Johnny/Batman searched around the place to find Claridge for a couple of minutes. There were still no signs of him being alive. Johnny/Batman decided to check in his office but the door was shut tight. Without waisting any time, Johnny/Batman kicked the door so hard that it fell on the ground. Claridge was sitting in his chair with multiple bullet holes on his body and bleeding.

"Johnathan, any sign of Claridge?" Alfred asked.

"Yeah I've found him alright. Multiple bullet holes around his body." Johnny/Batman said.

"Oh, dear." Alfred cringed in disgust.

"Setting up a crime scene now. I'm gonna search for evidence that could tell me what happened here." Johnny/Batman grabbed his high-tech goggles activating his detective mode and set up a crime scene inside the chemical plant.

It took a couple of minutes for Johnny/Batman to put the pieces all together until he finally finished the whole story on what happened here.

"Got it. It started when Claridge instructed the workers to develop multiple drugs for them to sell. Secretly and illegally. That's where tragedy began. A couple of armed men broke in the chemical plant and started shooting the place down but unknown to them, the workers were armed as well. They had a fight. All of the workers died and half of the armed men are dead as well. Claridge thought it was safe to hide in his office, or he thought so. One of the armed men spotted Claridge so he shot him multiple times with no mercy. After everyone was dead, the armed men took a couple of supplies of chemicals and loaded it inside a truck. Looks like they got what they came for." Johnny/Batman explained.

"The only question right is who sent those armed men?" Alfred asked.

"Probably the one who's been blackmailing Claridge." Johnny/Batman still has his detective mode on was surprise to see that there was still ONE survivor left hiding at the very end of the room.

"Hold on, I have something. One of the armed men is still alive. Hiding and injured his leg pretty bad. He could tell me who sent them here." Johnny/Batman turned off his detective mode and activated his voice modulator/changer. "Time to go to work."

Johnny/Batman walked at the very end of the room and removed a rubble where the injured man was hiding. Once the injured man was spotted, he quickly grabbed his gun and pointed it at Johnny/Batman, who quickly dodged the bullet.

Johnny/Batman made his move by grabbing the injured man up and slammed his back against the nearby wall.

"Don't make me add your corpse to this graveyard. What were you doing here at chemical plant?!" Johnny/Batman demanded.

"Hey I know you! You're that bat-vigilante monster that everyone's been talking about!" The man said showing no fear at all. "I ain't telling you nothing!"

Johnny/Batman slammed the man on the wall once more yelling in pain. Johnny/Batman threw the man down on the floor. The vigilante noticed the injured leg of the thug and slowly stepped on it and deepening it. The man screamed in pain as his fist keeps slamming the floor begging the torture to stop.

"I'm not going to ask again. TALK! Or I'll keep breaking every bone in your body until you answer!" Johnny/Batman warned.

"Our boss. He had a deal with Claridge to give him the supplies of chemicals he needed but.... Claridge refused. So he instructed us to steal it in this chemical plant ourselves. Half of my comrades already loaded the chemicals we needed in a truck and drop it back in our meeting location." The man explained breathing heavily from the screaming.

"Who are you stealing the chemicals for!?" Johnny/Batman yelled for another question.

"I don't know who he is! None of us do! He never tell his name to anyone. He just told us to steal the chemicals he needed and kill everyone who gets in our way!" The thug truthfully confessed.

Johnny/Batman picked the man up by grabbing the collar of his shirt.

"WHERE ARE YOU MEETING HIM!?" Johnny/Batman angrily shouted.

"Okay I'll tell you just stop! We were supposed to meet him at this location." The man finally answered Johnny/Batman's question.

Johnny/Batman tied the injured man up so that he couldn't escape and informed the police about the break in the chemical plant.

"Where are you heading now?" Alfred asked through the other line.

"He gave me their meeting location. If I get there fast, I may able to capture the one who's behind all of this." Johnny/Batman said as grappled away before the police arrives.

To be continued....