Chapter 29

After the catastrophic event between the Joker and the hotel, everything was getting back to normal. Speaking of normal, Johnny's right arm was now fully healed and every monster he encountered in the hotel would just smile at him and thanked him for saving their lives.

Everyone started to plan for Mavis and Johnny's wedding in the near future now that Vampire Council finally agrees that the monster world was now open to the humans. Brett, Kent, and Melly went back to California. Their next visit to the hotel was now on Mavis and Johnny's wedding.

It was now the day before Christmas, or Creepmas for monsters. Snow kept falling form the sky blocking the sunlight and the cold was to strong that everyone needed to wear a much thicker coat.

Dracula, Mavis and Johnny decided to visit the human village this Christmas/Creepmas Eve (mostly Johnny's decision). They all wore thick coats, earmuffs, thick boots, and glove mittens to handle the cold.

"I got to admit, it's really nice to visit the village in Christmas Eve." Johnny said.

"You mean Creepmas." Dracula corrected.

"What's Creepmas?" Johnny asked.

"Johnny, Creepmas is the time of the year where Krampus comes when you're only asleep. He pulls out his cannon to fire the presents underneath the bone tree." Mavis explained.

"Oh so basically Creepmas is just like Christmas with a few changes. In Christmas we've got Santa Claus with his trusty elves leaving presents underneath the Christmas tree for everyone." Johnny explained.

"Johnny, I'm not sure we should be here right now. We monsters don't celebrate that kind of tradition." Dracula nervously said.

"Come on guys. Just because you're monsters, doesn't mean you don't have to celebrate the human holidays. There's nothing wrong celebrating Christmas and Creepmas at the same time. Let's just walk around town to know what Christmas is all about and we can go back to the hotel and celebrate Creepmas." Johnny said reassuring the father and daughter.

Dracula and Mavis were still unsure about Christmas but Johnny insisted them on exploring the village to enjoy Christmas Eve.

The human village was now different than before. The streets were covered in snow, buildings were filled in colorful Christmas decorations and snowflakes. As they walked throughout the village, the humans were surprised to see the vampires and warmly greeted them Merry Christmas. Dracula was still confused and uncomfortable about Christmas but somehow Mavis felt a little more comfortable form people greeting them kindly.

Johnny was able to look through a window and spotted a lovely married couple with their children eating their Christmas turkey as a happy family. This made Johnny sad and shed small tears. Dracula and Mavis noticed this and went to Johnny for some comfort.

"When me and my siblings were kids, we usually enjoyed Christmas with our parents every year back at home. We eat a delicious Christmas turkey the night before Christmas and we wake up first thing in the morning to open our presents underneath the Christmas tree. But ever since... that night, it's never been the same." Johnny's voice was slowly breaking and wiping some tears from his eyes.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry to hear that." Mavis comfortably hugged Johnny and gently patting his back. "You know what, we'll give Christmas a shot."

"Really?" Dracula asked annoyingly but Mavis just glared at her father. Mavis wanted to experience Christmas for Johnny. "Fine, we'll celebrate Christmas here in the village." Dracula said in defeat.