Chapter 6

He grabs my hand and intertwines his fingers with mine, swinging his arm back and forth as he leads me to the theatre.  “Have you seen the other Twilight films?” he asks.

“Yes sir, I have.  Totally Team Jacob!” I laugh.  He chuckles at my lame joke and we suddenly hear a scream emanating from the crowd walking on the other side of the street.

“DANISNOTONFIRE!” A girl wearing colored skinny jeans and an All Time Low tee shirt runs up behind us and tightly wraps her arms around Dan.  He lets go of my hand, and I feel a wave of jealousy as he spins around to hug her back.

“It’s nice to meet you!  What’s your name?”

“Oh my God same to you!  My name is Megan.  I love all of your videos; you’re so funny!” she beams. 

“I’m glad you like them.”  Dan smiles back.

“OH MY GOD THE DIMPLES!” she squeals, poking the indents on his face.  Dan laughs and the two start chatting.  I take this time to look more closely at her features.  Her deep brown hair cascades down her back – it’s pin straight and has streaks of blue, green, and purple.  Her crystal blue eyes sparkle whenever the light hits them, and her face does not have a single blemish.  She’s gorgeous.  How could Dan be interested in me when he could have someone like her?  All of a sudden, she notices me awkwardly standing behind Dan staring at her.  “And you are?” she asks possessively, as though I was about to steal Dan away from her.

“Oh, I’m just a friend of Dan’s…” I reply shyly.  I glance at Dan, and see that he is staring at her, watching her as if he was ready to rip her off of me if she pounced.

“It’s nice to meet you!” she beams, pulling me into a tight hug.  “You’re so lucky to actually be friends with him!”  I notice Dan exhale to himself like he was holding his breath.

“Likewise!”  I reply carefully.

“Oh my God you are so pretty!”

“Aw, thank you!  So are you!”

“How did you get your hair like that?” she asks.  I explain, and after thanking me she asks me to take a picture of her and Dan.  He slings his arm around her shoulder and the feeling of jealousy returns.  I do my best to hide it as the two smile in anticipation for the photo.  I click the button, and then hand the camera to Megan.

“Thanks!  What did you say your name was again?” she asks.

“Penelope.”  Dan replies before me, smiling. 

She spins around to face him, giggling.  “You and Penelope would be an adorable couple!  I’d ship it!  What are you waiting for Daniel?” she laughs, making Dan go slightly red. 

“Well we need to run, but it was lovely meeting you!” he says, pulling her into a final hug.  We say our goodbyes and she returns to the big crowd from which she came.  We start walking and I feel something warm slip into my hand.  I look down and see it was Dan’s, and I realize how much I missed his touch.  A little jolt of electricity flows throughout my body, bringing a little smile to my face.

“Does that happen a lot?”  I giggle.

“Quite often actually.” he chuckles.  “Not as much now that I’ve moved to London.  But I love meeting fans!”

“I could tell.”  I smile as we walk into the theatre.  I buy two tickets for our movie as Dan gets snacks.

“Do you like popcorn?”

“What kind of horrible human being does not like popcorn?”

“Good.” he smirks.  “I got a bag.  Have you ever tried Maltesers?”

“Yeah!”  I laugh, remembering the delicious ice cream.  “I assume you got a bag of those too?”

“No, just asking,” he replies sarcastically, revealing an enormous bag of them.  “Anything else you want?”

“Nope!  Let’s grab our seats.”  As soon as we sit down, the advertisements beforehand end and the movie starts playing.  I silence my phone as Taylor Lautner’s name comes up on the screen, hearing a variety of cheers, boos, and sighs from the audience.  Robert Pattinson’s name follows, and the same reaction occurs.  Next, Kristen Stewart pops up along with a picture of her stereotypical Bella face, and Dan and I burst out laughing.  The film starts, but Dan and I can’t stop.  We are shushed by a majority of the other people sitting in the theatre, which leads us to try to stifle our giggles.

“I can already tell this is going to be great.”  Dan whispers in my ear.

For the entire movie, Dan and I can barely contain ourselves, noting every time Jacob has an awkward line and every time Bella’s face changes slightly.  By the end, Dan’s arm is wrapped around my shoulder, pulling my closer to him.  “Did you like it?” he asks as the theatre lights up.

“Of course!”  I laugh.  “But the ending was actually pretty sad.  Like, I kind of don’t want it to end.”

“When it comes out on DVD, I’ll be sure to be first in line to buy it for you.” He jokes.  I smirk as I pull out my phone.  I unlock it and am greeted with five missed calls and seven text messages – all from Jess.  I roll my eyes as I skim them quickly.  Every single one says to call her as soon as I see it.

“One second, I need to call my roommate.”  I say to Dan as I dial the number.  She picks up on the first ring.

“PENELOPE!” she screams.

“Calm down.”  I laugh.  “What’s wrong?”

“Holyshitohmygodthepeoplecalledandholyshit!” she says all at once.

“Okay.  Jess.  I need you to breathe.”  I wait as I hear her take two deep breaths.  “Now, what’s wrong?”

“The people called.” She repeats.

“What people?”

“The directors!” she squeals, her hyper personality revealing itself again.  Immediately I feel my heart drop into my stomach as my nerves kick in.  Dan notices, and comes to my side.

“Are you alright?” he asks sweetly as his arms wraps around my shoulder.

I nod and ask Jess, “What did they have to say?”

“YOU GOT A CALLBACK!” she screams in excitement.

“Are you kidding?”  I laugh is astonishment.  “But I did terrible during the audition!”

“That’s what you thought.  They were impressed that you were able to cry.  You need to call them and say you heard!”

“I will as soon as I get home!” I squeal.  “Oh my God!”

“What’s happened?” Dan asks, very confused. 

“I got a callback for that audition!” I reply as soon as I hang up my phone.

“That’s fantastic!” he smiles as he pulls me into a hug.  “Congratulations!”

“Thanks.”  I reply, my voice being muffled by his tee shirt.

“I think I need to take you out for a celebratory dinner.” He lets go of me, grabbing my hand.  “Are you hungry?”

“No, you don’t have to…” I laugh.

“No, no… I think I must.” He smiles.

Yay new chapter!  I am so sorry I am so crap at uploading when I say I will, so I’ll just stop making promises.   Please let me know if you liked this by commenting/voting!  :D  Also, I have recently made a Tumblr (yes, I know I’m really late to the party) and I write imagines there.  So, if you have a request please send  one to http://writingmaniac321.tumblr.com/ I love you all! <33