Chapter 48

"Perfect!" Phil smiles, going to stand up to turn off the camera but I beat him to it.  

"Sorry it took so long," I tell him, seeing as we've been filming for hours together.  "I'm surprised your battery didn't die!"

"It's really great, isn't it?"

"Very," I grin at him.  "I'm sure you'll have tons of fun editing it all!"

"Oh, I'll have oodles of it," he laughs, making me cringe a little at the word.  "Oodles..." he repeats after seeing my reaction to it, making me chuckle and punch him lightly on the arm.

"Shut up!" I say through my giggles, swatting at him again but this time missing entirely.  

"Don't hit me; I'm in pain."  he pretends to be hurt from my punch, holding his arm where I hit and acting as if I had just chopped it off.

"I'm so sorry Philly," I tell him, making a puppy dog face at him to ask for forgiveness.  He just laughs as I pack up the camera, stowing it away where I found it.  "Is there anything I can do to help with the editing or anything?"

"No, it's kind of a one-man job.  Could you bring me some cereal though?"

"Sure.  What kind?"

"Steal some of Dan's," he smirks, making me start laughing again.

"Will do.  I might actually try to talk to him, so I'll bring you your cereal as quick as I can."

"Sounds like a good idea," Phil tells me, readjusting the pillow behind him.  "You seem much more calm now."

"I am, all because of you." I reply, walking to the door and thanking Phil again for distracting me from that fight.  I walk into the lounge, fully expecting Dan to be in his sofa crease watching YouTube videos or playing video games, but he isn't there.  I walk back towards his room, thinking he might of gone there instead, but, again, he isn't there.  I trail back to the kitchen, walking on tiptoes for some reason, as if it'll make Dan magically appear, making Phil his bowl of cereal quickly before going back to his room to deliver it to him.  "Do you know where Dan is, by any chance?  Did he text you?"

"No, he's not here?" Phil asks.

"No... I'm not sure where he's gone." I reply, deciding to just shrug it off.  "Unless there's anything else you need, I was thinking of heading home to check on Jess."  I tell him, looking around his room quickly before settling my eyes back on him.

"Is there any way you can stay?" Phil asks politely, as if he's asking me for the world.  "Just in case there's any complications with my stitches or something."

"Oh my God, of course Phil!" I say, slapping myself on the forehead for not thinking of staying in the first place.  "I'll stay on the couch."

"Sounds good.  Do you need pajamas or do you have a set from Dan you'd like to wear instead?"

"I'd love to borrow your pjs, Phil." I giggle.  He starts to stand up and I protest, telling him that I can grab something from Dan if it'd be easier, but Phil seems insistent.

"It'll help if I move around."

"That's actually the exact opposite of what the doctor told us..." I laugh, shaking my head at him.

"I meant for my psyche." He replies, reaching for my hand to help him out of bed.  I assist him, bringing him over to the wardrobe and watching as he picks out a bright pink shirt and blue sweatpants for me to borrow.

"Thanks!" I sing, asking again if he needs anything before disappearing into the bathroom to change.  I gather up a pillow and blanket from Dan's room, not expecting him to miss them since they usually live in his closet, and settle into the sofa for the night, thoughts of where Dan might of gone still running through my head since he never just up and leaves. It worries me, to the point where I pull out my phone and type out a text, but I don't hit send for fear that I'll seem like a crazed girlfriend.  

A/N: hey guys im so sorry i didn't upload yesterday i was having a really really bad day.  i'm also sorry that this chapter is so short (and not really the best writing-wise) but i'm having a rough time right now too. it's just been a really bad weekend so far i guess. plus i wanted to end it around here because i have a plan for the next chapter.  i'm gonna keep this author's note short, but has anyone heard the song "2 Chord" by Sleeping With Sirens?  I just rediscovered it and i'm in LOVE. i've also been listening to a live version of "how to disappear completely" and it's so amazing if anyone wants the link to that particular version just message me lol.  remember to comment/vote/follow if you enjoy this story and stay amazing guys xx