Chapter 46

"Can I at least help you to your room?  I'll stay with you a while," I muse, taking hold of Phil's elbow and trying to support him so that he doesn't have to slump over like he is right now.

"That sounds great, Pen," he smiles at me, letting himself place have his weight on me and using me as a proper crutch to get back to his room.  We walk there in silence, thoughts of Dan still flooding my mind.  I open his door and help him lie back in bed, offering to grab him some more medicine or something to eat but he refuses me, instead patting the space in the bed besides him for me to take.  I sit cross legged on it, grabbing a pillow to hold as I do.  "So, why are you guys fighting?" Phil asks carefully, as though not to anger me further.

"Jess was at the hospital and wanted to know if you were okay, but Dan was really rude to her and forced her to leave." I tell him, not wanting to worry Phil with my problems when he's in so much pain.

"What did he say that was so bad?" he asks, trying not to take sides.  I try my best to read through him, but it doesn't work.  

"Just his attitude towards her.  It really bothered me." I explain.  "How about we play a game or listen to music or something?  To take my mind of it?" I ask, trying my hardest to end this conversation.  Not that I don't want to talk to Phil about it, but I just don't want to make him upset with either me or Dan.  He deserves to just be happy and relax for a few days.

"Well, I was actually thinking you could help me out with something..." he says, sitting up ever so slightly as he does.

"What is it?" I grin, wanting to push him back down so that he's lying down but not bothering just yet.

"I was thinking of filming a video about my time in hospital, and was wondering if you could be my special guest?" he asks sweetly, looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Of course, Phil!" I return excitedly.

"You do have to grab the camera for me; I don't think it's a good idea for me to carry it around just yet, especially with the tripod."

"Good point," I laugh, then ask him where he keeps it.  I grab it quickly and set it up as he instructs me to do so, making sure I don't fuck anything up and break his expensive camera.  

"Perfect!  Now just tilt it down and help me sit up," he tells me.

"Maybe you shouldn't sit up; you could have a different camera angle for this video!" I propose, the doctor's warnings playing in the back of my mind.  "What if you get hurt?"

"Fine, let's be safe," Phil pouts.  I climb back into his head and sit up, brushing through my hair quickly with my fingers before I realize that I probably look like trash.  

"Wait!  I should take a shower or something..." I tell him, hopping out of my spot and walking in the direction of the bathroom.

"You look great!  We just got back from the hospital; people will understand!" Phil promises me.

"You swear?"

"I swear on my mum's life," he says, holding up a pinky so that he can pinky promise me.  

"I believe you, silly." I laugh, going back to where I was after looking briefly in the mirror just to make sure my hair is alright, deciding not to bother with makeup or anything since Phil seems like he really wants to film.

"Now bend over," Phil tells me after I press record.

"Excuse me?" I giggle, my mind going dirty places even though I know what he means.

"Get your head out of the gutter, Pen.  This is how I introduce people on my channel!"

"I know... I know..." I continue laughing, then finally bend at the waist so I'm out of the camera's sight.

"Hey guys!  So I know a lot of you have been wondering where I've been for the past few days, and no I did not die!  I was in hospital."

"DUN DUN DUN!" I say from my spot.

"I have a sound effect for that, you donut!" Phil giggles.  "That's totally going in the video by the way."

"Brilliant.  Can I pop up yet?"

"No!  I need to introduce you." He explains, then turns back to the camera.  "I was in hospital, and I wanted to tell you guys all about it.  But I can't do that alone!  Oh no! So, today, I have an extra special guest!"

"Now?" I ask stupidly, making Phil chuckle.

"Yes, now."

"Hi guys!" I smile towards the camera, feeling myself blush slightly even though I should be used to cameras by now.

"This is Penelope, in case you don't recognize her."

"And this is Phil, in case you don't recognize him." I copy, smiling like an idiot as Phil smirks and rolls his eyes at me.  

"Hi," he waves to the camera in a monotone voice.  We continue on like this for a few hours, bantering back and forth about all the funny moments we had with Linda the nurse and how we basically just watched videos the entire time, with Phil letting me explain the memory loss aspect of the hospital.  It makes me completely forget about my fight, and I start enjoying just hanging out with Phil one on one.

A/N: okay so new chapter! yay! i'm sorry this chapter didn't really add to any of the theories you guys have made in the comments, but i felt like writing something light and... well... fluffy lol Today in the comments i'd love it if you guys asked me questions for a q&a i'm going to make! if you decide to ask a question, please let me know if you'd prefer i film a video or write something answering your questions (i could make a whole new book if you guys like that idea?) another thing for the comments: i've been noticing there is a difference in opinion for a few of you regarding the ship name of dan and pen... so do you think it's danelope or pan? let me know!! okay so I think that's all i have to say, but remember to vote/comment/follow me if you enjoy this story, and (as always) stay amazing xx