Chapter 33

*Dan’s POV*

I hang up the phone, anger flowing through me.  Jess’s call only reminded me of what she did, and ruined my ecstatic mood.  I put the phone back where I found it when Penelope walks through the door.   Her hair is down, cascading down her back and slightly messy.  My tee shirt hangs loosely on her teeny frame, her skinny legs bare.  “Who was that?” she asks, walking over to me and sitting on my lap.

“No one important.” I reply, pecking her lips quickly. 

“Then why are you annoyed?”  She rests her arms on my shoulders, her fingers running through my hair. 

“Why would you think I’m annoyed?”

“Because I know you too well.” She smirks.

“Don’t worry about it, babe.”

She stares at me, reading my face.  She decides to drop it, changing the subject.  “How are you feeling?”

“Amazing,” I grin, wrapping my arms around her waist. 

“I mean how’s your head and lip and eye, dummy.”

“Alright.”

“Really?”

“I’m fine, I promise.”

“Okay.” She says after a pause, as if she’s trying to decide if she believes me or not.  “What do you want to do for the rest of the day?”

“Nothing in particular.  Hang around; watch television; go on the internet- mostly just stay inside.”

“You’re so incredibly lazy, Dan.”

“You know, for my girlfriend, you’re not very nice to me.” I chuckle.

“I am so nice to you!” she says, acting like she is hurt.

“You are not.  You call me mean names.”

“Did I hurt someone’s feelings?”

“Yes.” I reply sarcastically, pouting.

“I’m sorry, babe.” She kisses me quickly.  “All better?”

“Not quite…” I say, pulling her to meet my lips again.  I feel her grin against my mouth, moving her body closer to mine.  My grip around her tightens as her fingers tangle into my hair.  My eyes open as we break apart, looking into hers. 

“I’m going to go change.” She pecks my lips one more time before starting to get off of me.  However, I hold her closer.

“Why?  You look so hot in my shirt.”  She laughs, shaking her head and biting her lip.  “I mean it.”

“Just let me go, will you?”

“Fine.”  I watch her as she goes, mentally noting that we still need to get all the rest of her clothes from Jess.  I stay in bed for a minute before I get up and grab an outfit for myself. 

Penelope and I are sitting on the couch together, watching The Great British Bake Off, when Phil comes home.  “Hey Phil!” we call in unison, smiling at him as he enters the lounge.

“Hey guys!” he replies, walking towards us.  “Pen: I have a surprise for you!”  She stands up and he hands her a giant black binder.

“What is that?” I ask, getting up and looking over Pen’s shoulder.

“It’s the script!” she cheers.  “I was supposed to get this tomorrow.  How’d you get it?”

“Sally called and I picked it up, thinking you’d want it.”

“You were correct!  Thank you!” she hugs him and takes a seat on the sofa, both me and Phil taking the spots next to her.

“Well this is exciting!” I say, reading the text on the page quickly.

“Do you guys want to help me learn my lines?” she asks.

“I’d love to!” we both reply.

“We need to make this authentic though…” Phil adds.

“I agree,” we stand up, leaving Pen to memorize her lines as we go around the flat and grab various items we could use as props and costumes.

“I think you’re a bit too into this,” she laughs as we come back with bed sheets, jars, and anything in between we thought would be useful.  I pull her to her feet and put a flower crown around her head.  “Is this Juliet’s costume?”

“Obviously.” I smile.

“You should consider being costume designers- the two of you.  Which parts do you guys want?”

“I call Mercutio!” Phil laughs, and I give him a fire iron.

“And if you’re Mercutio, I get to be Tybalt.”

“But Romeo kills Tybalt, so you can’t be Tybalt.”

“But Tybalt kills Mercutio, you can’t kill yourself!  And when did we decide I was Romeo?” I chuckle.

“You boys are crazy.  How about I play Tybalt?” Pen giggles at us.

“But you’re Juliet!” we both protest.  Eventually, we work out that Pen is only Juliet, I am Romeo, Tybalt, the Nurse, and Paris, and Phil is Mercutio, Friar Lawrence, and Benvolio.

For the next several hours we help Pen learn her lines, acting out the entire movie in our living room.  Phil and I both had so much fun that we even performed the scenes she was not in, making her laugh at us.  During the fight scene, both of us used a fire iron and a broom as swords, parading around the lounge and standing on the couches.

“That was hilarious, but also very useful.  Thanks guys!” Pen says after we reach the end, clapping for us. 

“This film is going to be great, I can tell.” Phil exclaims, smiling and placing the binder carefully on the coffee table. 

“Well I can’t wait to see it on screen, with you two by my side.” Pen replies, grinning back at him.

Hey guys!  I am so sorry about how long it’s been since I’ve updated- in addition to having started school, I also get really really bad headaches every single night which keep me from doing anything :( Anyways, here’s the new chapter; I really hope you liked it!  I know that not much happened, but I figured that a lot has happened in every chapter for a while, and I wanted to write something cute and simple and fun.  I’d like to recommend that everyone go listen to Panic At the Disco’s song Girls/Girls/Boys because I am in love.  Also, today’s chapter is dedicated to someone on tumblr (and I don’t know if they have a wattpad, but if you do message me and let me know!) who made some incredible fanart!  It’s added on the side, and her url is lightlysaltedspuds.tumblr.com.  If you want to make something for this story PLEASE send it to me! I’ll dedicate any chapter you like to you.  As usual, please comment and vote if you liked this, and follow me if you want to know when I’ll update next!  Stay amazing guys xx