Chapter 16

**Dedicated to LlamasAreNotOnFire because she's great OK 

When I wake up, I feel a heavy weight on my waist, as well as a gentle breath on the back of my neck.  I tilt my head to see Dan behind me, hugging me tight in his sleep.  I carefully unwrap his arms from around me, desperate not to wake him when suddenly his grip around me intensifies.  “Good morning.” He whispers sleepily.

“Good morning.  Did I wake you?” I ask quietly, smiling at the sound of his voice.

“No.” he breathes, placing a kiss on the back of my head.  “What time is it?”

“Around 11.” I reply after checking the clock.  We both get out of bed, yawning as we walk into the lounge.

“Morning!” Phil grins as soon as he sees us.  I flop on to the couch beside him, mumbling back a response.

“Penelope, what would you like for breakfast?” Dan yells from the kitchen.  I get up, going to check out what they have.  After seeing their wide array of cereals, I notice their coffee machine.

“I’ll have some coffee.  Do you want any?”

“Just coffee for breakfast?”

“Yeah, I’m usually not too hungry in the morning.” I lie.  “Do you want any?”

“Sure…” Dan replies slowly. 

“Phil, do you want coffee?”

“Yes please.” He calls back.   Once it is done, I pour our drinks into three mugs, and ask the boys how they want it.  I stir in their milk and then bring it to them.  I sit next to Dan, sipping my breakfast as he eats his bowl of Shreddies.  We all give each other a chance to fully wake up as Phil watches X-Factor auditions.  My phone rings from the place on the table where I left it last night, and Dan passes it to me. 

“I’ll be right back.” I smile at them, getting up and walking to the kitchen.  “Hello?” I say into the phone.

“Penelope!  I completely forgot to tell you!” Jess replies.

“Tell me what?”

“You have callbacks today.  They called yesterday while you were out, and I meant to tell you when you came home but you never did.  Then I just forgot completely-“

“It’s fine.” I laugh.  “What time?”

“1:00.  At the same theatre.”

“Alright.  Awesome!  I’ll swing by to pick out an outfit.”

“I’ll grab you one.  You’re going to do great!” she squeals.

“Thanks!  I’ll see you at home.” We say our goodbyes and then hang up.  I walk into the lounge, smiling widely.

“Why are you so happy?” Dan chuckles.

“I have a callback today!” I grin.  Dan congratulates me, standing up and walking over to me to spin me around in a tight hug.

“That’s great, Penelope!” they both tell me. 

“You’ll be amazing.” Phil says, joining Dan and I to give me a quick hug.

“Thanks.  I’ll be right back.” I grin, grabbing my clothes from last night and heading to the bathroom.  I put them on, not caring about how I look because I’ll change soon and put my hair into another messy bun.  “I have to leave now though, so I can get ready.”

“Oh.  Alright.” Dan’s smile wavers for a second, but comes back.  “We loved having you over.”

“Thanks for letting me stay!” I reply, putting on my shoes and coat.