better

(new rules stage)

YEJI POV

practicing non-stop after the first stage has been my routine everyday. yesterday, i asked the squad to leave me alone and just give the time to me, including Ryujin. not that i don't want to see or be with them, i just really want to exert more effort into this stage of mine today. 

today is my 2nd stage, wherein i ought to impress everyone. according to my last stage, i didn't really feel that i wowed everyone. maybe, i even disappointed them, i am with myself too.

Ryu and i almost had a fight last night 'cause she kept insisting for me to rest rather than practice more, which is what i want. but i pleaded her in the calmest way possible, we both don't want an argument to happen, not when i need her the most to support me as i face everyone confidently.

the total of votes i got was 197, just 3 votes less from the passing grade to advance to the next round. i was taken aback, discouraged even, when i saw those digits. but then it doesn't mean that i was eliminated already, i still had a chance with the online votes. fortunately, i passed. 

as expected, i was criticized for my voice. but i want to prove myself more, i will work on my vocals than my dancing. i have to at least make the two fields meet in terms of levels. if my dancing is at level 10, my singing at level 5 only. if i can't make them meet then maybe catch up.

2PM Junho sunbaenim's words are absolutely appreciated, for not only he believes in me, he also reminded me to be humble and be grateful to each fan i got and would get along the way.

hence, i am once again alone in the practice room. practicing my vocals as well as dancing. taking my time more than ever, even if i can't always be with the squad, they'll understand.

with that being said, after last night, i haven't really talked to any one of them. Ryujin? well, we're fine. but maybe not okay, i don't know. she understands, i know what i'm doing.

"knock knock" 

staff unnie came in, "Yeji-ssi, we'll be leaving soon. get ready." she said before leaving.

so i did. i freshened up in my room, picked an all-white outfit before heading to the car.

rehearsals before the actual is a must. it's great for us contestants to be familiar with the stage beforehand and maybe check how the others' performances are. but this rehearsal is not good.

with my back being inured, it's bad enough that can't force myself to execute the steps as perfect and as powerful as i expect it to be. but after seeing what the 15 year old duo prepared for today just made me much more worried. they are really determined to push through.

the staff and other contenders were baffled to see me rehearsing at such low energy and stiff movements but what can i do? it's being hard to endure as i move. last night's practice may have been overboard to cause this but i'll drop by the hospital first before the stage, so i can perform better and not make the audience and the judges know about my condition.

i am the first to show on stage from our group. thus, me walking to the stage as the crew sets up the sofa props i need. slumping down on the floor against the sofa was kinda hard for me, so i hope the judges didn't notice how i just abruptly plopped down instead of bending carefully.

i nodded to the crew and the music cues in...

with my mind focused on the whole choreography, i will endure the pain of this injury.

i finished...finally.

with a smile on my face, i walked to the front and wait for the fan masters' opinions.