let's talk

(after classes)

YEJI POV
the whole day all 5 of us are together, but i've been a little distant to a certain person. not because we had a fight nor she hurt me but because she said something threatening to me. for her to be having a bad dream worries me, what or how much more when she mentioned an unknown girl's name for me from her dream? when another girl's name leaves the mouth of one's lover, it brings questions to the partner.

never have i heard or known someone by the name "Kristine". it's not a korean name, meaning she could be half or maybe a complete foreigner. it's such a pretty name, maybe the girl is elegant and rich. how did they meet? since when do they know each other? who is she in Ryu's life? how come i never met or heard about her? is Ryujin cheating on me? she could just be a relative or friend, but why cry in her sleep?

aiyaaaaa~ my head's spinning with thoughts last night, should i just confront her?

"Yeddeong? let's go out, i've already talked to them." Ryujin said, hand on my arm.

i didn't know she talked to them already, was i that zoned out to not notice?

"a-ah okay, let me wash up first." i said softly, wanting some space to think first.

"then i'll come with u, i'll do that too." she said with a smile, a cautious one.

Ryu's not that dense, she knows i've been distant since this morning when we woke up. to be honest, i thought she would just sleep at her's but she came back at dawn. i felt her snuggle to me, i just didn't react 'cause i'll only think 'til morning if ever.

nodding to her, i started to walk to my room. of course, she followed behind. neither of us talking, it wasn't the usual comfortable silence we would have too. it wasn't tense but u could feel something is wrong, or it's just me? maybe she's really that dense?

after classes, trainees at this hour are mostly having late dinner at the cafeteria, some go out, and some head to their dorms to sleep the exhaustion away. so the dorm hallways are usually deserted, which is good for Ryu and i. seeing as Ryu, suddenly intertwined our hands and tightly gripping it while looking straight ahead. if others saw us, we could just mistakenly pass as best friends- 'cause we are - but with how Ryu turned soft and all to me, it makes everyone curious. i mean it's not wrong if she changed a bit to them, Ryu has always been like this, they're just not close with her to know. i know people have been intrigued with us since the first meet, who wouldn't?

so yeah, locking hands while walking down the hallway is cute but not for all. we're safe, somehow. we don't have to show off, we're fine with being a low-key couple.

reaching my doorstep, i faced Ryu. "i'll be quick, just come in when u're done." i said before opening my door- well about to open the door- Ryu turned me to face her.

"smile, Yeddeong. i haven't seen u smile the whole day." she said, making me flinch a bit. she loves it when i smile, she said it makes her day and lift her spirits up.

"i will, i just-"

"i know Yeddeong, i'll clear ur mind later. go wash up." she cut me off with a smile as she pat my head before walking to her room and leaving me dumbfounded.

i guess she isn't that dense, she knows i have something on my mind. she'll clear my mind? does that mean we'll talk about that at dinner? what if we end up fighting? aish.