forgiven

(almost 2 weeks)

YEJI POV
the sun is awake, a cool breeze of air surrounding the room thus making the sleeping figure more comfy in bed. with the serene scene going on inside the room while asleep, it isn't really the same when awake and avoiding the person u love the most.

perhaps the mind is resting, the heart is healing, the trust is building, all the while at the bare minimum of sleeping. and maybe, it's time to forgive and be happy again.

"beep beep beep beep"

the alarm clock beeped, making me cut off a good sleep and reach for it's shut button. as i was about to tap it, the sound came off already. it must be Ryujin, she's always fetching me for breakfast since then, but she has been constantly cooking me exceptional breakfasts for us to eat on my bed. she must be tired and sleepy for this unnecessary effort. we end our trainings late yet she wakes up earlier than usual to prep breakfast for me. the Shin Ryujin, constantly doing efforts. spectacular, right?

i got up to sit against my headboard and rub my eyes to clear my vision and snap out of my sleepy trance. not long 'til a hand held my wrist to stop me from rubbing more.

"stop rubbing ur eyes, it'll get red and puffy." she worried said and locked eyes with mine as she caress my face from the forehead to my eyelids then my cheeks. it is very soothing so i just let her, after all mornings like this with ur partner is precious.

"good morning Yeddeong, let's now hmm?"she asked with a smile, causing me to smile back in response. as the days pass by with her constantly pursuing me everytime and everywhere i go, i slowly melt. i just need her to be honest then i'll forgive.

"good morning too Ryuddaeng, okay." i casually said as i taste the food she made.

i'm eating continuously and enjoying her food when i felt her presence off and being silent, 'cause usually she would ramble randomly just to make me talk.

i turned to her and saw her just looking at me in shock while fluttering her eyes.

"what? eat up, u're food is amazing." i said to her, making her beam widely.

"Ryuddaeng, u finally called me that." she said, still not believing it. i only chuckled.

"i know, now eat. Ryuddaeng~" i teased her with the nickname before eating again.

we finished eating and she put away the trays already. we're just sitting on my bed, it's still early and i don't consume too long to get ready so it's fine. on the usual mornings before v-day happened, we would be cuddling, bickering, holding hands, or just her rapidly kissing my forehead. no cheeks, no lips, just there. in conclusion, we're just sitting side by side in silence, 50-50 comfortable and awkward.

"uhm, Yeddeong? i have questions." she broke the ice between us.

"hmm?" i responded while fiddling my fingers.

"how long are we gonna be like this? i miss us." she asked, catching me off guard with the "i miss us" 'cause i do too. i'll just be honest.

"i don't know. to be honest, plan is to be like this to u for 2 weeks. but the forgiving part, i'm not sure." i said and she took my left hand to entangle with her right.

"i'm making up for the time i should've spent with u, what more should i do?" she asked while looking at my hand and caressing it.