my kind of luck

(after class)

YEJI POV

Ryuddaeng came back like she promised. she's really the type to stand by her words. that's another thing that i love about her, i'm never letting her go. i can't confess 'cause she might not feel the same unlike of what her actions towards me suggests, but she's naturally sweet and all could be just friendly to me.

i saw her note this morning, a few minutes after she left. i found it on my side table near the framed picture of me taken by her. it was taken when we had our free day to play some basketball and eat and she asked me to pose. it was a good day. after reading the note, i kept it in my drawer. i meant what i messgaed to her, that i'm her lucky charm, cocky i know. 

i've been clinging to her since she came to class, i'm using the giving of luck as an excuse to be clingy, but it's sincere. we're all heading to have a late dinner at the cafeteria, 5 present. 

arriving here in the cafeteria as we sit down, Ryuddaeng removed our linking arms making me pout lightly. "Yeddeong, i'll just grab our dinner with Ryeong. stop pouting, u look like a duck." teasing me as the rest giggles. clingy much Hwang? aish.

"unnie, i'll guard ur Ryuddaeng away from girls while we grab foods, don't worry she'll be back." Chaeryeong-ah teasing me while holding back her laugh.

"whatever, palli palli! i'm hungry." I roll my eyes at the them as i look away not meeting Ryu's eyes to avoid being a blushing mess while they take their leave.

"unnie, just confess already. i'm sure Ryujin unnie feels the same way. u two are oblivious and cowards." Yuna laughs with Lia-ya who seems to agree with her, a bit too happy if i may say so.

"Yeji-ah if u don't confess sooner or later, she might fall for others. it's been a year, how long will u keep it? ur mouth keeps being silent yet ur body acts out making u obvious at times, like now. u're even jealous at her mixnine buddies." Lia-ya seconded to Yuna.

"i'd rather keep my feelings than get hurt from an unrequited love or losing our friendship. she's sweet to everyone so it's not possible for her to fall for me." denying their comments as i know it isn't true  and will never be.

"aigooo, suit urselves unnie, same with Ryujin unnie. we just know it by her backhug impression to u last year, she never did that to anyone." Yuna scoffs at me.

i was about to deny it but the bestfriends are already back. Ryujin sits beside me as the 3 sits together on the other side. we start eating as soon as the trays were placed. we're munching our foods and sharing pieces to one another when i felt her stop eating and her eyes placed on me.

"wae? are u done? what are u looking at?" I ask her as i swallow the food in my mouth with my forehead scrunched.

"ani, u just have sauce on the side of ur lips. what a baby." she giggles and swiftly wiping the corner of my lips with a handkerchief. 

startling me while she smiles and eat like nothing happened. "uhm-gomawo Ryuddaeng." stuttering a bit as i continue eating and stop my mind from replaying the act.

"ahhhh-hhaaaaa, let's head to sleep guys?" Lia-ya yawned a bit weird while she pat her lips lightly while looking around us.

"n-ne! ahhhh-hhaaaaa, i'm sleepy now." Yuna yawned weirdly too.

"aish, jinjja? i'll take u both to ur rooms and rest too." Ryeong says as she stands up and pat the shoulders of the sleepy ones while whispering smth to them. hmm? they're acting a bit strange.

"eh? we'll be going too. we should all rest." I say as i stand up and pull Ryujin up.

"ani, we'll be going now unnie. just sit down and continue eating." Ryeong stops me by putting her hand in front of me like a halt gesture as the 3 of them rushes to leave.

"let them be Yeddeong, finish ur meal now." Ryuddaeng pulls my wrist to sit me down and i did as told.

finished with my meal, we walk shoulder by shoulder towards our rooms. neither one talking and enjoying the company. somehow, the silence is uncomfortable but i don't wanna make the first move by asking what's up.

"Yeddeong?" she called out softly, breaking the ice as if she read my mind.

"ne, Ryuddaeng?" but i received no response.

a few seconds in- "i thought u're gonna give me more luck when i get home?" she nervously says making me freeze for a split-second before i speak up.

"i will, later." glancing at her nodding as response before we stop at my doorstep.

opening the door and walking straight towards my bed to lay down, i hear the door close and her footsteps following me. i lay down with my right hand on my abdomen and my left relaxing on the bed as i feel a weight next to me. i refuse to look and just zone out with these thoughts. 

should i confess like Yuna said?

is it possible? 

what could go wrong?

will pd-nim even accept it or "us"?

why can't i stop myself from loving her in the first place?

why Hwang Yeji?

this was not in the plan of becoming an idol, so why now?

"Yeddeong, stop thinking and relax." she muses as it snaps me out of my thoughts.

"huh?"

"calm down, my lucky charm." she teases making me giggle and soon followed by a yawn.

i must've been thinking too much to be yawning now.

"Yeddeong sleep now, i'll stay for a bit 'till u sleep." she pats my head as i hum in agreement.

fixing my position to sleep, i close my eyes and turn to her opposite side and did as told. a few minutes of silence, she moves and i think she's leaving. instead, i'm turned to face her as she spoons me.

"R-Ryuddaeng?" I nervously call out.

"hmm, sleep now. i'm just keeping u warm and claiming my luck." hugging me tighter for my head to be muzzled to her neck.

"arrasseo, jaljayo Ryuddaeng. feel free to claim all the luck u need and make us proud in mixnine." hugging her back tightly and finally sleeping.

half asleep as i drift into dreamland, i heard a very faint voice. "u're the kind of right i need and now my kind of luck, what kind will u be in the future for me Yeddeong?"