captain works

(a day before formation battle)

CHAERYEONG POV

i'm with Yulia right now, we are eating breakfast together while Ryeji have their own world. we miss eating with them every morning but ofc, due to mixnine adjustments must be made. it's not that hard for the squad but it sure is to the oblivious lovers. 

speaking of lovers, the two in front of me are being too soft this early. yep, i know they've confessed already :cause i saw it all and i'm happy they sailed, unlike some people tsk.

"yah, respect to the captain. we're eating not being lovey dovey with each other." scolding them as i smack Yuna's arm, she's the top and maknae hence being a tall baby of Lia unnie.

"sorry~ i can't help it." Yuna scratches her nape while smiling sheepishly.

"sorry Chaeryeong-ah~" Lia unnie follows.

"Yulia, i get that u're new and all. but please, Ryeji can't know yet. i want both ships to be official first before getting all couple-y in front of my salad."

"u don't have a salad Chaeryeong unnie." Yuna innocently says making me roll my eyes at her and turn to Lia unnie.

"also, Ryu's formation battle is tomorrow. we could go and cheer but Yeji unnie is her happypill so let's just make a plan." 

"agree~ after all, Ryujinnie's very confident about her performance tomorrow. should we ask permissions from the teachers or pd-nim or just make an excuse letter?" Lia unnie suggests making me beam a smile.

"unnie, why are u smiling so bright?" Yuna asks, weirded out by me.

"such good suggestions! u're girlfriend is a genius!" I point to Lia unnie with a shocked expression.

with the unintentional use of words, they blush. a shy smile on their faces while looking like tomatoes.

"aw, my bad. soon-to-be-girlfriend rather." smirking at them making them redder 'til i can't take it anymore and caused me to laugh.

"yah u get redder and redder, my Yulia are tomatoes." holding my stomach that's about to hurt while i wipe my non-existent tears.

"ehem~ back to the plan, what's the final choice?" Yuna diverts the topic and tries to keep a straight face.

"well, what time will the battle take place?" 

"probably morning, since Ryujinnie said that they get a new mission right after battle or elimination round." Lia unnie says.

"but don't they have to run rehearsals first before the event?" Yuna intervenes.

"oh~ u're probably right. why don't we just ask Ryu, to be sure." I say as i use hand motions and earned a nod as response.

with that, we stood up and head to class. three of us were walking when i heard a familiar giggle. i know that deep voice, it's Ryu's. she couldn't possibly still be here right? Yeji unnie might be in the room al-

"YAH! 3 CRACKHEADS~" a voice calls out making me look back and see Ryeji, holding hands. please tell me they're on the same level with Yulia.

"Ryu, i thought u're at mixnine already. shouldn't u be rehearsing?" i ask as i eye their hands secretly.

"ah, yes i should be. just lost track of time for a few minutes hehe." scratching her nape with her free left hand.

"Ryuddaeng u should go. i told u, u didn't have to walk me back here." Yeji unnie faces her with a soft smile. how cute, yet cowards tsk.

"Yeddeong i told u, i have to ensure the light fury and my lucky charm's safety." Ryu cockily says as she winks and giggle at Yeji unnie's slightly flustered cheeks. srsly? i'm here.

"ehem~ Ryu what time is the battle? we'll watch ur performance from here." I ask and smile sadly at her for plan purposes and a for we really can't watch as a squad.

"ah-it's about 3pm i guess? u have class by that time tho. a bit sad that u guys can't watch me live, Ryujinnie needs a squad cheering for her." she answers a bit startled from their moment and pouting at the end, doing aegyo and trying to make us feel bad.

"yah, don't pout. aegyo gets u in trouble, remember? I say making her squint her eyes at me for a bit while Yeji unnie laughs as she knows what i'm saying.

"anyways, we'll make sure to watch u later. so, Ryujinnie Fighting!" i hold my fist up and smile at her.

"yah, old Shin! leave now, we have class soon. ur Yeddeong will be fine here with us, go rehearse already." Yuna speaks, startling all 5 of us. i didn't even notice that she and Lia unnie's have been by my back all this time. 

"yah, baby Shin! how dare u shoo me away? u're just taller than me, respect me." Ryu squints her eyes and about to slap Yuna's arm when Lia unnie blocks her hand.

"Ryujinnie, Yuna is a baby. leave now, u don't wanna mess up later, don't u?" Lia unnie speaks in an authoritative tone with an expression less face. oops, protective for her baby.

"i will Lia unnie, teach ur baby some manners please."Ryu scoffs making us three laugh at the slightly blushing Yulia.

"oh please, i have manners. just leave already and do well. arrasseo, Ryujin appa?" Yuna retorts with a smirk while Yeji unnie blush a bit. Ryujin appa? what the hell?

"me, ur appa? who's ur eomma?" Ryu asks holding back a laugh.

"oh my god. duh, Yeji eomma is!" Yuna exclaims excitedly while she smirks eyeing smth. i followed her line of sight and it's their hands. i nudged Yuna, sending a telepathic message to tease them about it. she raised one brow as yes.

"now please, leave Ryujin appa. oh, don't take eomma's hand with u." Yuna teases making me and Lia unnie laugh as the two let go of their hands.

"i-i didn't even know we were holding hands." Yeji unnie defends while looking shocked. i guess ur hands just have a mind of it's own then.

"i-i-i'll just go. bye guys. uhm, see u later Yeddeong." Ryu says looking very red like Yulia earlier. 

"let's go children." i laugh as i link my right arm with Yeji unnie and Yuna by the left with her clinging to Lia unnie ofc. 

tsk~plan at lunch then, u'll be owing me later Shin Ryujin.

aigooo, when will my other ship sail? as captain of Ryeji and Yulia, it's both frustrating and fun. but now, i'm more on the bad side because of these oblivious yet soft gays.