first stage

(the fan era)

YEJI POV

first stage, my first ever stage in front of a big audience and some of the known artists in the industry. to say that i'm nervous is an understatement, 'cause right now i'm thinking of this as something i'm gonna regret and just back out. i'm already shaking and the recording isn't until a few hours from now. 2PM Junho sunbaenim also added to my anxiety for he's gonna introduce me later. i don't know what he'll say later but whatever it is, i'm hoping for the best.

i'm here in the dance room, practicing alone. since i'm joining a survival show, i'll be the excused one now like how Ryujin used to be. meaning, they're currently practicing in another room. we're scheduled to be at the studio after lunch. it's only 9:30 am, i'll just have a snack by 10:30.

the song i have been practicing is "Ain't My Fault" by Zara Larsson. it's a nice song and i think i could perform it well. i've been known as a great dancer by many, but i want to prove my vocals too. i've been working on it since i started here, the coaches said that i've improved. i just wanna know the people's opinion about it, has my voice improved enough to gain some fans?

there's a rap part i'm gonna sing and i'm pretty okay with how i'm delivering it. i know that being a rapper isn't really my position if ever, but i still tried my best. Ryuddaeng said not to worry about it that much because it's only the first stage, it'll develop as time pass by. so i don't.

finishing my last run of practicing the vocal part, i didn't know it's 10:30 already.

"hmm, a snack won't be a trouble. i'll get back to practicing the dance after anyways." i mused to myself as i fix my appearance before going to the cafeteria. 

walking down to the cafeteria as i scroll thru my phone about the articles regarding "The Fan", i bumped into someone.

"oh, mianhae. i wasn't looking." the girl apologized.

"oh, mianhae. i was looking at my-"

"-phone." i muttered as i realize that it was Ryuddaeng i bumped into.

"Yeddeong, i just bought snacks for u." she said with a smile.

"don't u have practice? what if teacher-nim finds u?" 

"we do, but we're on a break and teacher-nim won't be there 'til night." she said, placing a loose strand of hair behind my ear. i quickly took a step back, looking around to see if there's people.

chuckling at my antics, "don't worry, everyone has practice." she said.

"can u eat those food with me at the dance room?" i pouted, wanting to be with her even for a short amount of time. especially since,  i haven't been able to be with them due to practice.

"of course, Yeddeong." she whisker-smiled, holding my hand as she lead the way.

sitting on the sofa, munching snacks, soft music playing in the background, and my head rested on Ryu's shoulder is something so simple yet i didn't know i needed. or maybe it's all just because of her. after all, Ryujin is my rest. as long as she's with me, i can overcome anything.

"Yeddeong?" she called out.

"hmm?"

"tell me ur thoughts." she said, making me sit up and look at her.

"just tell me ur thoughts about anything, even the smallest things." she chuckled, taking my hand to play with as i return my head on her shoulder.