wish me luck

(elimination round)

RYU POV
i'm nervous af despite of the confidence i feel of making it thru this round. i've worked hard these past few weeks, i can't be cut out. right? happy thoughts, i need them. i need to calm down or else i'll have a mental breakdown in tv. in a few minutes, the show will start.

when i arrived here, 170 of us is being dressed into our mixnine outfits and styling us in a natural dewy makeup. i can see supporters coming in and filling up the studio thru the monitor as we all wait for our cue. all i can think if right now is the rankings, and Yeji's toned down anger.

my phone flashed a notif on my screen, reading as a message from Yeddeong. opening my phone, it read- "Ryuddaeng, i got ur note. i can't come there and support u but i'll be watching from here with the squad. i'm not wishing u luck, mianhae. instead i'm giving it to u thru this message and more when u get home, since i am ur lucky charm;) Ryuddaeng Fighting!" that's what i need to feel relaxed in this unnerving event. i got sad for a bit there but happy with her reason. she really knows what to say, a leader indeed. the light fury to my night fury and vice versa.
saranghae, Yeddeong.  i will go home later and make u smile with good news.

the producers cued for us to enter the set and sit on our respective seats as the panel of judges evaluates us and give comments. clips of all of us thru dance, vocal, visual training etc. were shown at the screen in front of us. it's kinda embarrassing to see our faces on a big screen yet proud of how hardworking we are. our audition vids were the most highlighted, that's a first time to watch my audition piece. damn, i nailed that. i am proud of myself. credits to Yeddeong too. soon, announcements are made.

i feel jitters as i sit and wait for the announcement of rankings. not that i really care since it's still early to maintain whatever rank i will be on. not being cut off is enough.

"from 170 contestants, unfortunately there's only 99 of u left to continue ur journey as a mixnine participant." hearing that from the mc made us all shocked, anxious, and worried. they soon announced those who didn't make it, and revealed the top 9 for both boys and girls team. for the boys team, Woo Jin-young ranked 1st place. the boys are really competitive huh?

"the girls team's rank one shall now be announced." mc Noh Hong-chul announced making us girls anxious. contemplating with my self as i collect my thoughts, my name was called out.

"ranking 1st place in the girls team- Shin Ryujin-imnida of JYPE!" shocking me as i control myself from doing a meme-worthy reaction, considering that my face is capable of being a meme from time to time. i stand up to go to my place on the stage. i stand on my platform beside Jin-young's platform as we're the top 1.

soon the program finished and we are now waiting for the yet unknown given task to us. we are having a formation battle within our teams. so it's girls vs girls and vice versa with the boys team.

as the top 1, i was assigned to introduce the songs to be performed by next ep. reading the cards while we wait to listen to a preview of it, i did my job.

"the songs for this week's challenge are "Tell Me Your Wish" (Girls' Generation), "I'm Your Girl" (S.E.S.), "Bad Girl Good Girl" (Miss A), "Really Really" (Winner), and "Honey" (KARA)." each one being played thru the speakers around the room, leaving us excited and thinking of what song could be best for each team. we are divided into five groups, only 3 persons from the Debut team are allowed to be in one song and they get to pick their members. i am in the Really Really group with 2 more from the Debut team or top 9 announced earlier. i like the song for it's swag, style, overall feels.

we picked our members and started checking the dance, singing thru lyrics and finding out which part should one do. it was fun but exhausting, not like how i tire myself but still. tomorrow we'll be practicing the whole choreo to memorize, same with the song lyrics and the overall performance itself. everyone decided to call it a day and so, we bid our goodbyes to go home.

it's 7pm, our evening class is still ongoing so i can join them for a bit. ever since mixnine started, training in JYP have been excused for me to focus on the competition. i miss my classes with the squad, but 3 months will soon be over. 

i went to my room to freshen up and change clothes first before coming here to the dance room. our evening class will be over in 3hrs unlike before that we're supposed to dance 'til 12am. knocking at the door, the faint music stops. i enter and all eyes are on me, they must be wondering what am i doing this early here.

"teacher-nim, mind if i join the class? we dismissed early at mixnine." bowing at the teacher as i ask permission and all awaits at her response.

"ah Ryujin-ssi, i don't mind as long as u're not tired. congrats too on ranking first." everyone claps for my ahievement.

"ani, i can still dance teacher-nim. kamsahamnida." bowing once again as i make my way besides a surprised Yeddeong while the class continues.

"yah, why are u here early? i'm sure u guys have a task to be practicing to." smacking my arm with wide eyes as she can't believe i'm here already.

"wae, don't u want me training properly? i'm just committing to my promise to u." smiling softly at her while i get lost in her eyes, unknowingly.

"good, congrats Ryuddaeng." linking her right arm with my left as she put her head on my shoulder and hug my arm tightly as she listens to the teacher. hmm, this must be my good luck from her. Yi-seo's note suggestion really worked.

dear Yeddeong,

                               i know u're still angry at me for tiring myself  in training, mianhae. i promise to do my best in a good way and be home earlier as u wish. i don't want u getting furious again like i said, 'cause a smiling Yeddeong is the best sight to see. i'm nervous for the tendency of being cut off, so smile again and wish me luck please? <3

-Ryuddaeng:)