Chapter Fourteen

Dedication to Leena2695, her comment was really sweet. Thanks for the nice words, Leena :)

~ Chapter Fourteen ~

"I'm so excited," Trinity literally bounced up and down in her seat while the sound people set up the album. 

One of the times that I was reminded that my newly found friends were fans of poppy music. 

"You're the first to hear the album in its entirety," Zayn smiled slyly at the brunette who immediately let a blush spread across her cheeks. 

"How long is the album?" I asked the quiffed boy, faking interest.

He looked at me, brown eyes sparkling. He knew I wasn't excited. "About an hour."

"Holy mushrooms," I let my lips slide into a temporary pout, before setting my features back into an emotionless mask.

"Don't judge until you've heard it, babe." Zayn replied, eyes still sparkling and the left side of his mouth tilted upwards in a smirk.

"Sure," I nodded just a bit, letting my eyes wander around the living room. I spotted the snack table. "Please excuse me, but food."

Ooh, french fries. I grabbed a handful, stuffing a few into my mouth before filling up my plate with the other snacks in front of me.

"How was your date with Niall?" A voice sounded from beside me. I turned to see a cheery Liam grabbing a handful of chips and plopping them in a bowl.

"Not a date," I muttered in response.

"Sure," he replied happily. "Heard it was fun, though."

"What do you guys do when you're not here? Gossip?" I teased, picking up my plate full of food and motioning to Liam that I was going to go sit down. He followed me.

"You got it," Liam replied before continuing. "Kidding, we don't exactly all hang out when we don't have to."

I raised an eyebrow at him as I literally fell into the couch. "Oh, really? I thought you guys had to spend all of your time together or you'd melt or something."

"Ha-ha," he said with a straight face. "Would you want to hang out with the same four people even after spending the previous twelve hours with them?"

"Nope," I popped the 'p', not even bothering to sound interested.

"Exactly. So, subject change, on a scale of one to ten, you wanting to be here right now is a negative five. I'm assuming."