Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13:

"Details! I heard you went on a ferris wheel and that Niall won you a teddy bear!" Trinity and Andie rushed to me the second I opened my door the next morning. Their incessant knocking would not leave me alone, so eventually I threw open the door and glared at them.

In my totally still asleep mood, I nodded and motioned wildly behind me to the humongous life-size bear shoved carelessly in the corner of my room.

"Holy crap, that is so cute! It's so cute and he won it for you? As in, he knocked one of those things over and out of all the girls he gave it to you?" Trinity gushed excitedly, Andie poking my side repeatedly while giggling. 

"Ugh, don't remind me. Nick, Caleb and Devin are going to have a complete field day with that," I groaned, just before a yawn escaped through my lips.

"Seriously? Niall just did the sweetest thing for you and you're worried about what your friends back home will think?" Andie stopped poking me and stared at me incredulously.

"Uh, yeah. I didn't ask him to win me the darned thing. We were getting along fine when suddenly he decided it was okay to treat me like a girl," I shuddered slightly at the memory of him knocking down a few pins and being presented the giant fluffy creature.

Niall had immediately grabbed it and handed it to me with a victorious grin. It seemed as though he expected me to turn girly, excitedly taking the animal and declaring my undying love for him.

"You are a girl," Trinity reminded me, exasperation clear in her voice.

"But I don't want to be treated like some delicate girl who can't do anything on her own," my stomach rumbled, interrupting me. "Can we just go get breakfast?" 

"I will never understand you," Trinity groaned as I took lead and started out the door. I didn't bother changing out of my comfy running shorts and sweatshirt.

"You just think that being here is going to change who I am," I replied, my eyes not looking back towards the two girls following me. "And it's not. As much as you guys want it, I'm not going to fall for any of 'the boys.' It's just not going to happen."

"Why are you so afraid of it? What's so frightening about falling in love?" Andie added in as we wandered into the kitchen. 

I didn't bother replying, instead I opened the refrigerator and pulled out the eggs. 

"Do you think if you let yourself actually like one of them, they'll break your heart?" Trinity inquired as she leaned her hip against the counter. 

"No," I replied shortly. "Now, do you want bacon and eggs?"

Andie nodded, her eyes still trained on my face. "I don't turn down food, you know that."