Chapter Forty-Four

Dedication to LouisBum77

Chapter Forty-Four

The party was in full swing and I hadn't seen any members of One Direction at all since we had gotten back to the beach house. I'm sure Jules, Cara and Trinity were busy introducing all of their friends (who had not been on the show) to them, the girls drooling while getting autographs and pictures. I knew exactly where to find them if I wanted to, if the hoards of girls were any indication. But Andie and I decided to go out to the pool instead. I even braved getting into the water, in my board shorts and tank top. The swimming clothes only got packed after Trinity insisted that I might change my mind on getting in the water. It had, when Andie begged on her hands and knees (literally). Since I had already gotten thrown into the water, I figured what the heck?

We swam around in the clear water for about half an hour, before deciding it was getting way too cold. The sun had set, the warmth leaving us slowly as the air got chillier. We dried ourselves off, and I immediately pulled on my huge hoodie jacket. Pulling my wet hair out of the jacket, I quickly swooped it up into a ponytail. 

"You have such nice hair…" Andie commented. 

"Stop with the hair fetish thing, already. Just become a barber and then you can admire every one else's hair." I teased lightly, as I reached for a soda can that was on the side of my chair.

"I was complimenting you, gosh!" Andie stuck out her tongue. "I think I'm gonna go inside and mingle. You gonna come with?"

"I think I've had enough human interaction for a little while… I actually think I'm going to take a walk along the beach. Since there's no regulations on things I can and cannot do, I'll enjoy some time alone." I shrugged.

"Don't think too much about what happened back home, alright? And either I or someone else will come check on you in thirty minutes!" Andie said, resembling a mother. It was adorable.

I had told her briefly of what happened back home, not going into detail. My life was my life, I was never one to tell my life story to everyone. Most things were better when kept to yourself. She knew that Nick and I had an argument, she just didn't know what it was about. She, as well as everyone else, had been very good at leaving me alone when I needed it. I had definitely missed her.

"Okay. See you." I placed my towel back onto the chair and stuck my hands into the pocket of the hoodie. 

Not bothering with shoes, I started down the back way. A fleeting thought passed my mind, that I probably should have figured out the area better and I probably should have brought my phone. But when life is planned out, it's not as fun. 

My feet walked themselves, going down little hills, as I tried to remember the way to the beach. But, I figured, it was a beach house. All roads lead to the beach, right? Eventually, I felt the sand between my toes once again. The waves crashed without any pattern, and I could make out the different colored blue right above the horizon. It was dark, but not dark enough that I was blind. I continued down the beach until I was ten feet away from the water and then I collapsed into a sitting position.