Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine:

"Your hair looks like a hornets nest," Faith stated the second Trinity and I entered her room.

"Hi to you too, Faith." I crossed my arms and gave her a fake glare.

"It does, though." She repeated while sticking out her tongue.

"I happen to agree. Please let me at least brush it?" Andie practically begged.

"You have such a hair fetish, Andie," I sighed, "Fine, you can brush it. But that's it. No braids, no curling, I just want to put it back in a ponytail when you're done."

"Hallelujah! Pass me the tools, Ariana!" Andie called out and Ariana obediently grabbed the bag of hair stuff. 

I immediately regretted my decision, especially since Trinity and Faith were smirking at me. I felt a brush tug through my admittedly messy hair. 

"At least put on some Marianas Trench," I groaned out, wincing at the rough tug.

Faith thought about it for a moment before she walked over to her iHome. Immediately the familiar music blasted through the room. I noticed Ariana touching up her make-up, Trinity was ruffling through Faith's clothes as if to find something better than the sundress she had on, while Faith was dancing around the room happily.

"Did-didid-did-did I st-t-t-tutter?" 

"Yes, yes you did," Andie commented to the iHome while running the brush through my dusty brown hair.

"I think he was being ironic, Dee." Trinity said over her shoulder.

Trinity had rushed to give us all a nickname. I was Son. Apparently it was the most creative thing she could come up with. Andie was Dee, Faith was Fay, Ariana was Na. Then we all called her Trin. Because we're all too lazy to say Andie, Faith, Ariana and Trinity. 

"I was being annoying," Andie informed Trinity with a pout. 

I rolled my eyes at my newfound friends. "I swear, I think being friends with guys is easier than being friends with you all."

"Yes, and you like a challenge. Which is why you're friends with us. Plus we all knew we'd be eaten alive if we didn't have each other's backs." Ariana spoke up. I had to agree with her.

"Speaking of eating, anyone hungry?" Faith asked while offering us a a little box of cookies.

"Oh thank goodness, food. I was so hungry I almost became a cannibal," I grabbed two of the chocolate chip cookies and shoved them into my mouth happily.