i can't help falling in love with you | roger

(request by FinniesEilish )

"Did you enjoy lunch?" I ask as I clean up the table

"Did you enjoy lunch?" I ask as I clean up the table. Roger sat in the chair. "It was good. Yeah. Um, what did you want to talk to me about?" Roger asks, tapping his fingers on the table to a tune he made up in his head. "Right." I sigh, sitting across from him. "Go ahead, then." He ushers. "I like you, Roger. In fact I love you. A lot, actually. I didn't think it was possible to love a person as much as I love you." I blurt. Roger stays quiet. I look at him, pleading for him to say something. "Y/n..." he mutters. "I-I'm in a relationship. I wanted to keep it a secret." He adds. "Why didn't you tell me? Save me from this embarrassment." I chuckle sadly. Roger and I have been best friends since high school. I didn't think I loved him at first, but I do. I can't anymore.

As I got lost in my thoughts, tears began to spill from my eyes. "Please don't cry. I hate it when you cry." Roger begs. "I can't not cry. Do you know how hard it's been to love you? To love someone that doesn't love you back? It hurts, Rog. It hurts a lot." I sniffle. "Brian! Brian. Brian likes you. He told me. There! I solved it. Date Brian!" Roger suggests. "I can't do that, Rog. I can't hurt Brian like that. Not when i'm not fully committed to him. I need to get over you first." I sigh. "I'm sorry, y/n/n. I love you, too. I do. Just not like that." Roger sighs. "Thanks, captain obvious." I laugh awkwardly. "I think you should leave." I mumble. "If that's what you want. I'll always be here for you, y/n." Roger smiles. "I'm happy for you, Rog. Truly." I sigh, walking him out.