my life has been saved | freddie

idea from 90sqthings_loser_

(events changed to fit story)

I had been walking down my hall in the hotel I was staying in when I heard sobbing and wailing coming from one of the rooms

I had been walking down my hall in the hotel I was staying in when I heard sobbing and wailing coming from one of the rooms. I walked backwards until I stood outside of the door. "Hello? Is everything all right in there?" I ask, knocking softly on the wooden door. I watch as the door opens and an all too familiar man stand ahead of me. "Freddie? Freddie Bulsara?" I question. I knew Freddie from my design class in college and obviously from the famous band Queen. He didn't reply and instead continued to cough. "Oh, my God, Freddie. Are you all right?" I ask, rubbing his back. He continued to wheeze. I decided to call the Hospital. "Freddie, there's an ambulance on the way. I can come with you if you'd like. Or-Or I could contact someone close to you. But, please... talk to me. Tell me you're okay." I beg. "No. No. Don't call anyone. Just... come with me. Please." He croaks. "Of course. I won't leave your side." I assure him.

The ambulance arrived at the hospital and Freddie was carried into the car. I drove my own car down to the Hospital and met them there. I sat in the waiting room all night, falling in and out of sleep as I waited for the okay that I could go inside.

next day

I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I open my eyes to see one of the nurses standing beside me. "Mr. Mercury is ready to see you." She smiles. I nod and quickly collect myself before following her inside. In the room, Freddie sat wearing a regular hospital gown. I frown, not wanting to see him in such a poor state. I sit down next to the bed. "Oh, y/n, darling. I'm so humiliated to have you see my like this." He groans. "Oh, Freddie. I don't care. The only thing I care about is that you're safe." I assure him. "You've been so kind to me. How can I repay you?" he asks, placing his hand on top of mine. "You don't have to repay me, Freddie. Getting to see you again was a gift in itself. I haven't seen you since college!" I exclaim. "That's right. Design class." He chuckles. "But look at you now. A rock star!" I smile. We sit in silence for a moment. I could tell his mood changed and I wasn't prepared for the news I received. "I have it." He blurts. I look at him confused. "AIDs." he clears up. "Oh, Freddie. Oh, my God." I sniffle, tears starting to well in my eyes. "No. No. I won't have any of your sympathy or pity. It's just a waste of the time I have left. I was lucky enough to not die last night. You saved my life. I could never repay you." He explains. "How long have you known?" I ask. "A long time. Around 1985." He sighs. "I'm glad you've made it this long. Please stay strong, Fred. We can't lose a legend like you yet," I smile through the tears. "I'm grateful I got to see you before my time's up. I've always wondered what my classmates were up to." He chuckles. "I guess I was just at the right place at the right time." I smile.