cool cat | deaky

( requested by SKATEKITCH3N )

I entered the loud, bustling disco

I entered the loud, bustling disco. I was never one for a large crowd but I could never turn down a disco. The local band playing tonight was also supposed to be good. I made my way over to the bar, ordering y/f/d. I felt a tap on my butt. I turn around to see a man with blonde hair. "What the hell?" I call out, earning his attention. "You've got a nice ass." He smirks. "Roger, what the hell?" A man, I'm assuming his friend scolds. The man, Roger, chuckles and walks away. But his friend turns to face me. "I'm deeply sorry about him. He's a huge prick." He laughs. "It's all right. At least you're not." I smile. "Right. I'm John." John sticks his hand out. "Y/n." I giggle, shaking it. "You want a drink?" I question. "Yeah. Yeah. Sure." He nods, walking up next to me. He orders a drink as we continue to talk.

A couple drinks in and John and I had made it over to the stage where the band was preforming. "So... you like bass?" He blurts. "I'm sorry?" I question. "Bass. Like, the instrument?" He corrects. "Yeah, I guess. Why? Do you play?" I ask. "Yeah. I guess you could say that." He shrugs.
"HEY! WHO OUT THERE IN THE CROWD WANTS TO COME UP HERE AND SHOW US YOUR SKILLS?!" one of the members in the band shouts. I raise John's hand for him. "All right. You in the front with the funky hair. Come on up!" The band member exclaims, pointing to John. John groans but nevertheless, makes his way onto the stage. "All right, sir. What's your name?" The singer asks. "John. John Deacon." He smiles. "Play any instruments?" The singer questions. "Bass." John replies. "All right. Larry, hand over your bass to John." The singer calls out to the bass player. John takes the bass in his hands and starts to play a really cool riff. I cheer as he sends me a smile. The band slowly started to play along with John. It was mesmerizing to watch him play. He had a huge smile on his face. "All right! Thank you, John!" The singer calls out as John walks back over to me. "That was amazing!" I babble. "It was all right." He shrugs. "Whatever you say, Disco Deaky." I tease. "Disco Deaky. I like that." He laughs. "Came up with it on the spot." I brag. "How about I call you cool cat?" He jokes. "A little weak to be honest." I giggle.