breakthru | deaky

"WALK OUT THAT DOOR AND WE'RE DONE! YOU HEAR ME? DONE!" Roger shouts after me

"WALK OUT THAT DOOR AND WE'RE DONE! YOU HEAR ME? DONE!" Roger shouts after me. I had caught him cheating on me and I was the one apologizing. I eventually realized it was him and not me. "We should've been done a while ago, Rog. I'm sorry for not realizing sooner." I sigh, walking out of the door. It's cold and rainy as it usually is in London. I walked into town, clutching onto my jacket tightly. I called a cab and gave the driver the only address I have memorized. John's.

As we pull up to his house, I see most of the lights off. The light to the kitchen lighting up the entire pathway to his door. I pay the fare and walk to the door, knocking lightly. I didn't notice but I had been crying since I left Roger's house. I hear the door click and I watch John's face appear in front of me. A concerned expression on his face. He opens the door wider and walks me in, not saying a word. He sits me down on his couch and wraps a thick blanket around my shoulders. "Thank you." I croak. "Anytime. Do you mind giving me a rundown as to why you're here?" he requests. "Roger. He--He cheated on me." I sniffle. John tenses up but stays quiet. "I should've seen it coming. Things went south a while ago. We were just too scared to say anything." I continue. "Well, I'm glad you're doing whats best for you." John smiles softly. "I'm sorry for intruding. Your house was the only place I have memorized." I laugh quietly. "It's no burden at all. I'm usually alone so it's nice to have company as lovely as yourself." He replies, making me blush. "Thanks, Deaky." I laugh. "Anytime." He smiles.