you take my breath away | brian

( idea given to me by 90sqthings_loser_ )

(the timeline is going to be different to what actually happened)

Brian paced around the living room as we decided if he should continue education to get his PH

Brian paced around the living room as we decided if he should continue education to get his PH.D. "Yeah. But I barely have any time off from the band, so graduate school would be a big stretch--" Brian begins. "Look, if astrophysics makes you happy, I say you go for it. Worst case if you don't like it, I'm sure you could always drop out." I explain. "I guess you're right." He shrugs. "So you'll do it?" I ask, a smile on my face. Yeah. I think I will." He chuckles. I spring up and embrace him in a hug. "I'm so proud of you, Bri!" I giggle. 

one month later

I hear the front door open. I turn around to see Brian, a smile on his face. "What happened?" I ask. "I got in!" He exclaims. "You did?" I gasp. He nods. "I'm so proud of you, Bri. Really I am!" I explain. "Should we go out? You know, celebrate?" He suggests. "I'd love to. I just have to get my shoes on and then I'll be ready." I reply. I walk over to the closet and slip on the first shoes I could find. Brian and I hop into the car and begin driving around. "Where are we going?" I ask. "For a drive." Brian replies, his eyes on the road. The rest of the car ride we talked and listened to the radio. All of a sudden, the car comes to a stop. Brian gets out of the car and walks to my side, opening my door. He leads me to a dimly lit bridge. 

"Is this where you kill me?" I tease. "Something like that, yeah." A familiar voice scoffs in the distance. "Was that Roger?" I ask. Brian takes my hands in his, bringing my attention back to him. I look to him, a confused expression on my face. I watch as he slowly kneels down on one knee. My jaw drops. 

And then, Freddie's angelic voice starts to sing one of my favorite queen songs, You Take My Breath Away. Roger, John, and Freddie all appear in my vision as they walk closer to Brian and I. "Y-Y/n..." Brian stammers. "Bloody hell. Ask her already!" Roger exclaims. "Y/n, there are no words to describe how much you mean to me. Waking up with you everyday is like walking on clouds. I just--There really isn't any way I can explain how much I love you because you truly do take my breath away." Brian begins. I let out a sob of joy. "I-I truly can picture spending the rest of my life with you. Y/n, love, will you marry me?" Brian asks, pulling out a ring. "Don't be stupid. Of course I will!" I sniffle. Brian slips the ring onto my finger before kissing me. We pull away as we turn to the other three. "Thank you for blessing us with your voice, Fred. Thank you, John, for being so respectful. Roger..." Brian nods at the three. "Hey, I helped!" Roger defends, making all of us laugh.