my melancholy blues | roger

(THIS IMAGINE IS INSPIRED BY A SCENE IN BO-RHAP)

Everyone that had attended the party slowly piled out of my house

Everyone that had attended the party slowly piled out of my house. Ever since my (ex)-boyfriend, Jeremy and I broke up, I've been lonely. So, I throw parties to distract myself. But the in-between moments will always catch up to me. As the final guest shut the door, I began to clean up. I tossed anything broken into the garbage bag. I sigh, dropping the bag and sliding down to the floor. My head resting against one of the stupid statues that Jeremy had picked out for the house. I shut my eyes, wanting to wake up in a new day. I open them when I hear the front door open. "Y/n?" A familiar voice calls out. I quickly get up, putting on my best fake smile. "Roger! What are you doing back here?" I ask, meeting him out in the foyer. "I forgot my sunglasses. You know how much I love 'em." He chuckles. "Right. Well, let me help you look for them." I nod, beginning to turn around. He grabs my arm, preventing me from moving. "Are you all right?" He asks. "Of course. Why-Why would you ask that?" I ask. "You were crying." He replies, wiping the tears that stained my cheeks away. "I didn't even notice." I let out a breathy laugh. "Let's talk about it" He continues. "Oh. I don't wanna be a burden. Let's look for your sunglasses and you can leave. I don't need any help." I sigh. "I wasn't asking." He scowls, walking us over to the nearest sofa. 

"Let it out." He nods. "I don't like the parties." I blurt. "Then why have them?" He asks. "They're distractions," I reply. "From what?" He questions. "The in between moments I suppose. I find me intolerable. All of the darkness you thought you'd left behind comes creeping back in." I mutter, staring blankly at the wall ahead of me. "I don't find you intolerable. I find you delightful." Roger chuckles. "You do?" I ask, my body turning to face him. "Yeah. I was quite jealous when you and Jeremy got together." He admits. "Jealous?" I repeat. "I liked you a lot... I like you a lot." He elaborates. "You're just saying this to make me feel better." I chuckle slightly. "No. No. I'm not. These are my true genuine feelings. I really really like you." He corrects. I don't reply. We sit in silence for a couple of seconds. "Could you spend the night? I don't want to be alone." I sniffle. "Of course." He smiles. "We still have to look for your sunglasses." I add. "Oh, those? I left those in the car." He smirks.